PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 09:50 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I was having the same issues. For me a new stylus does the trick. So maybe you could just get a new stylus or wrap a thin piece if black tape around the stylus to fatten it back up a bit.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

r9wil is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Angry

same thing happened to me where my stylus feels "loose" and will not extend on its own from friction when I pull it out. i noticed that when this started, a thin, small piece of gray rubber fell out of the stylus slot...i believe this was the apparatus designed to hold the stylus firm and make it extend when pulled out. I want this fixed because it is a big PITA to pull out a stubby stylus and have to use both hands to extend it. at the sprint authorized repair facility, no one knows crap about the 6800 so i am sure it will be an experience getting someone to fix it/replace it. let me know if you all have any luck solving this problem or getting sprint and/or HTC to acknowledge that it even is a problem. seems like there should be some sort of recall...
Old 09-06-2007, 01:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
this is a common problem for phones with stylist like this, for example T-mobile MDA, my friend lost all his stylists like that. ended up getting a free replacement, happened again, so he stuck some not foil but the other food wrap around the stylist as he was sticking it in the hole, never had an issue again, so he said.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dwehking is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by r9wil View Post
same thing happened to me where my stylus feels "loose" and will not extend on its own from friction when I pull it out. i noticed that when this started, a thin, small piece of gray rubber fell out of the stylus slot...i believe this was the apparatus designed to hold the stylus firm and make it extend when pulled out. I want this fixed because it is a big PITA to pull out a stubby stylus and have to use both hands to extend it. at the sprint authorized repair facility, no one knows crap about the 6800 so i am sure it will be an experience getting someone to fix it/replace it. let me know if you all have any luck solving this problem or getting sprint and/or HTC to acknowledge that it even is a problem. seems like there should be some sort of recall...
When the plastic piece that holds the stylus in place popped off into my battery compartment, I noticed that the nub that's supposed to hold the stylus in place was worn down. This after only being in use for 6 weeks. The repair techs here had no way to replace it with a new part so I got a new phone as a replacement. HTC needs to come up with something better then plastic to hold the stylus in place or I anticipate a lot of phone replacements happening.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan