PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH
Carrier: Sprint

ScandaLex is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Drum Roll Please

Ladies and Gentlemen...Boys and Girls...Children of all Ages....

I GOT A MOGUL.....

I've had mine for a few days. So far I like it a lot, there are just a few things that it does that annoy me.

I recall reading on here a thread about static on the 6800. At first, I thought it was me having a bad phone. Tonight I was in Walmart pushing a cart and I couldn't touch any of the metal parts without being shocked to hell.

I don't like the stylus on the bottom. I haven't gotten used to reaching there for it.

I don't like how it flips in the opposite direction of the 6700. I practically feel left handed trying to use it. The + here is the jog wheel. I use that instead of trying to use the D pad in vertical position.

I don't like how fast the battery dies; and this is with backlight as low as possible and bluetooth turned off.

I'm hoping someone comes out with an extended battery thats the same size as the stock. I wasn't crazy about the added bulk of the extended battery on the 6700 and with the thinness of the Mogul, I cant see myself having something as thick as the 6700 again.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

rawr is a n00b
what are you doing that causes the battery to die so quickly? I've had mine since april and have yet to drain the battery completely. Even after a 3 day weekend, listening to a few hours of music each day through one of my BT stereo headsets, the lowest I have managed to get it to is 20%.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

j0ph is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr
what are you doing that causes the battery to die so quickly? I've had mine since april and have yet to drain the battery completely. Even after a 3 day weekend, listening to a few hours of music each day through one of my BT stereo headsets, the lowest I have managed to get it to is 20%.
3 days without a recharging? wow. i dont really use my much but after 12 hours or so im down to like 60%

i have to charge every night.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:42 AM
N00b

TheAvatar is a n00b
same... must charge every night.

Mind you my wifi is on most of the day.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Destructor is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0ph
3 days without a recharging? wow. i dont really use my much but after 12 hours or so im down to like 60%

I just checked my phone this morning - I left it off overnight (8 hours or so) after fully charging it and I was still at 100% battery. This was with the phone itself on, but the device otherwise off.

So yeah, I could see his claim being true. It's just a matter of what's installed (no iLock, no LedKiller, no HTC plugins), among other things.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH
Threadstarter

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructor
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0ph

I just checked my phone this morning - I left it off overnight (8 hours or so) after fully charging it and I was still at 100% battery. This was with the phone itself on, but the device otherwise off.

So yeah, I could see his claim being true. It's just a matter of what's installed (no iLock, no LedKiller, no HTC plugins), among other things.
The first night of ownership, I was not even home so there were no apps installed other than what came with it. Since the 6800 wasnt my priority while away, I barely touched it after taking it off the charger.

By morning, I was down to 60%. I find that incredible considering I hadnt used the thing.

While flying 32,000 ft in the air, I had it on flight mode. When I boarded the plane I was at 100%. By the time I landed, 3 hours later, I was at 20%. The device was locked and not in use the entire flight. While waiting for my luggage, I had to plug it into an outlet to charge.

Now, I did read in several places that this battery is not the greatest; that it will die fast....but I didnt think this fast.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

cuchanu is just getting started
Amazing I have been getting shocked by my car lately and couln't figure out why that's crazy...
And the battery is by far the worst of any phone I've ever had. I have to charge it every night even with little use. I'll go to work at 100%, make a ten minute call on break, use the net for 15 min during lunch and talk for another 10 min, put back in my pocket and it's dead when I get off for work. I xchanged it for another and it's a little better, but still unacceptable in my opinion. But I still like the phone alot, I just have to live with it's imperfections because there aren't any other options with CDMA. Plus it's one of the best looking smartphones as everybody already knows.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Destructor is a n00b
So strange that there's such a drastic difference in battery life from person to person. I don't have a clue, honestly. Anybody else want to give us an explanation?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:30 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
I have noticed that if you soft reset the device after a full charge, the battery seems to last longer. I wonder if the battery meter is calibrated after a soft reset? I've been getting excellent battery life ever since the reset two days ago.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jaak is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLex
While flying 32,000 ft in the air, I had it on flight mode. When I boarded the plane I was at 100%. By the time I landed, 3 hours later, I was at 20%. The device was locked and not in use the entire flight. While waiting for my luggage, I had to plug it into an outlet to charge.
I read this and thought something else must be going on (like some program running in the background or some other hack, not specifically a problem with the phone).

So I put my phone in flight mode, locked it, and left it alone for 12 hours. It's still at 100% charge (no, it's not plugged in, and yes, it's the new ROM).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan