PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just bought a XV6800 off ebay but complications arose...

sorry if there's confusion. i bought one off kyle's treos for $155 and i just bought another one for $237 which is what this thread is about.

i have not received the phone and the seller has not confirmed that it is brand new or if the warranty can be transfered with the phone. I am still waiting. I guess I will give her another day. However, it sucks I paid so promptly.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

i just got the phone and i tried ##78# and it calls verizon...??

also i see red letters on the bottom when i start the phone but none of them look like a date. Does it still mean it's refurbished? I looked in File Explorer i'm not sure where to find the EPST.exe

Also what is the sticky key thing you guys were talking about? I might've experienced it. i really hope it wasn't. It's already loaded with 6.1
Old 01-17-2009, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael201 View Post
i just got the phone and i tried ##78# and it calls verizon...??

also i see red letters on the bottom when i start the phone but none of them look like a date. Does it still mean it's refurbished? I looked in File Explorer i'm not sure where to find the EPST.exe

Also what is the sticky key thing you guys were talking about? I might've experienced it. i really hope it wasn't. It's already loaded with 6.1
First of all you may have two mistakes, One is you dont dial the ## codes and secondly it is ##778 or ##778#

The red letters and numbers at the bottom when booting up are the radio, rom and hardware versions. There is nothing about a date down there. Only the ##778 or ##778# will get you into the EPST and even then that doesnt mean it will have a refurbed date. Some do and some dont. After you do the ## code you choose Edit or View and at the bottom it will list those dates. But again, they arent always accurate.

Last edited by weedahoe; 01-17-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
You paid WAY too much for any 6800, period. Whether it is a replacement or not means nothing. Ive been watching 68s sell on ebay as I was thinking of selling mine and all the ones Ive been watching sold between 100-150. So how the hell did you manage to buy one for 227+shipping is beyond me.
Verizon customers are used to overpaying for things.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

if i don't dial it where do i input these codes?

i got 3 different accounts on the asurion warranty card. the item came with a limited warranty card that says do no misplace, and there is warranty information that says the phone is covered for a year. Asurion claims rep who says she doesn't know much about transferring warranties says that to follow up on this claim i just need to have the account holder's phone number. sounds like i might have to stay in touch with the seller.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:44 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

The old phone number will be in the EPST. When I meant you dont dial those ## codes I meant that you dont 'dial' them by entering the code and hitting the send ot talk key. All you do is enter the code on the OSD keypad and it will automatically begin the process to go to the EPST where you can choose View, Edit or Cancel. If you enter ##778 or ##778# and it does not then you may need to change dialers as some dialers do not allot the ## codes to work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Ok. So what's the plan at this point? You got your new (?) phone and you're ready to start adding things to it? Maybe a reflash to a custom kitchen of some flavor? Even though it's not the newest model out there, the 6800 is still a pretty awesome phone in all that it can do.

Now if you bought it cause you're an Internet junkie, there's a few ways to scratch that itch. I am a fan of the stock PIE browser that comes with it. Others are liking the extra functionality that comes with IE6 Mobile. Some insist that Opera is the way to go. With the latest kitchen, I have all the above in my rom. One regedit and I can toggle between PIE and IE6. If I want Opera, it's there. There's a lot of help here if you want to learn to cook and it won't take long to get the same capabilities into your handheld too. And not to mention, a LOT more.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan