PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

devicemanager is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Connect the 6800 to your car?

Well the thing is I drive a Jaguar and want to really do a nice system. I already have a jl audio and mtx amp - 2 sets of polk momo components and a nice kicker L5 sub box. It is currently installed and I want to go with a really nice headunit (double din) some kind of computer screen - while I am reasearching and looking for the right unit. Probably going to pull the trigger this spring. Yes the iPod looks really awesome but I alreadly have to much crap that I travel around with - I really feel like a tech nerd. But that is who I am. The usb ports on the headunits are awesome and so chaep when you need to buy more storage. I use the fm modulator thatis hard wired and it sounds good, but the volume needs to be turned up more than usual. I have used the rca to head phone converter - I have it in the house and stream my sirius over the wifi thru my home stereo - saves me the need for a home boombox. Not sure if Icould split my current rca's to fit that thing in there but there or how it would work. (Low level converter) Either way there are some great ideas here... Thanks and keep them coming!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by og style View Post
I don't know if anyone has seen this yet?
http://www.usbfever.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=217
It is a fm transmiter that plugs into htc phones. It also has a built in microphone. The unit will mute the music so you can take call through the radio. hand free.
I think this is freakin crazy, and all for 31.00 dollars. You cant go wrong! Its a FM Transmitter, Charger, and Handsfree Kit! I like this but I have an iPod and I have an fm transmitter for it and is junk (no offense to anyone who likes it). I now use the garmin cherger fm transmitter and works great. all though, this does plug in so it might work!

Last edited by nelly04; 01-12-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

I rock a Pioneer P7000BT, hands free/stereo bluetooth deck, plus my voice command can trigger from the deck too!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 01-12-2009, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: Alltel

brettokok is just getting started

threads like this are the only time i wish i had a touch pro since i have a tv in my car and would like to have some video out on my phone... the red/white/yellow rca to 3.5mm headphone works just fine on some other devices for getting video and audio... and ive seen it on the tp but not the mogul
Old 01-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

mogulkingpin is a n00b

What model do you have i have the Clarion do you have i have the FB275BTB and its really great for the price of just $129.00 now $99.00 from crutchfield but the only thing i cant get the external mic to work.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

Step one, go to Radio Shack and pay ~$5 for the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter. (Be sure to get the one marked "Stereo" because they also carry a Mono plug)

Step two, if you have Std RCA inputs on the deck in your vehicle, then head down to Circuit City/Best Buy (better yet, if you have a Fry's Electronics in your area...GO THERE!), wonder back to their car stereo department. You should find a small black kinda pyramid looking adapter there. I paid around $25 for mine. What it is, is an adapter designed for the iPod. It accepts your standard headphone jack at the black box end, on the other end, it has your two RCA male ends to plug into your deck. I can't remember the brand name, but to give you any clue, my first one came with a $200 deck from Walmart, I forgot to remove it from my truck after I wrecked it, so I went out and bought just the adapter.

Either at the Electronics store, Radio Shack, or WalMart, pick up an iPod cable. You'll know it when you see it. Has a male headphone jack on both ends. Get the "Shielded" one if you can for best sound quality.

If you want to get really fancy, go ahead and grab yourself a universal dash mount kit, run all your wires nice and clean like so all you have to do is grip your phone in, plug in your charger and the stereo cable, and rock-n-roll. That 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter will work on many other phones as well. Plus, if you do get ticked off and buy the iPod, you can use the same setup minus the adapter!

Hope this helped.

I have used this setup for my laptop, phones, iPods, and anything else that uses a 3.5mm headphone jack. There is also an adapter made by the same company that looks nearly identical that I intertwined in my center console with a Dual-throw switch that let me hook the audio from my laptop through the car stereo, and the video through to a dash mounted TV...before I had GPS on my phone (I was using Microsoft Streets & Trips 2007 with the GPS locater....worked great!)

Last edited by Tplane37; 01-15-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:30 AM
Lurker

rotorwing is a n00b

Not sure if this is along the same line of subject but Im hoping someone had/have a solution.

My car stereo is not bluetooth capable but it has an aux jack. Is there a way to use my bluetooh from my phone so that my calls/music can be heard from my existing car speakers?..... And would i need a seperate microphone or would i be able to use the microphone on my 6800?

I tried hard wiring my phone to the aux jack but my callers cant hear my voice at all but I can hear them? It seems as if when I plug into the phones mini usb port and adapt it into the 3.5mm jack.....it cuts off the phones microphone??

Thanks
Old 06-10-2009, 06:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started

There is an adapter (check Seidio) to convert from 2.5mm to 3.5mm and it also contains a microphone. This is intended to do exactly what you are asking. I say 'intended' because I have one. It works fine as an audio adapter to play music thru the car. Call quality is poor. I think the mic is just too far from my face and combined with the road noise, it just doesn't work well.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

DaBing is starting in the wrong direction

I took the split 2.5mm headset/charger cable and snipped the end off of the heatset half of it. I wired the two output wires (Red/White, I think) to a snipped 3.5mm headphone cable and the third wire (Green, I think) to a snipped desktop microphone for a computer. I had stolen the idea from another post on PPCGeeks that had a diagram, but I can't find that post ATM.

I plugged the headphone cable into the Aux Input for my stereo and ran the desktop Microphone up the B-Pillar so it hangs above my head. The sound quality is great for audio replay, but if your stereo volume is too loud, callers on the other end of your cals will complain about hearing their own voices.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan