PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The Extrom is still not able to be unlocked, the device may need to be SuperCID to do that. That would involve editing radio NVM and that is a seperate topic, but also not yet possible. Another option would be a tool to edit the extendedrom.nb file from the rom dump. I have started looking into this, but it is different than any other i've seen and it may be hard to get developers working on it since new devices seem to be moving away from extended roms. Perhaps the partition will be removed completely, but for now there isn't really any extended rom customizing solution.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Thanks for the update, good to know.

Question: so people can only "Add" to the ExtRom as of now?

Do you know how i can keep it from installing the SPCS shiz after a hard reset without doing the immediate soft reset trick?

Then of course the next logical step is how can i tell it to install my apps which i store in the ExtRom? I realize soon i will be able to cook my own ROM with apps.

Just really super curious!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:09 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Think of it as read only you can't update it at all, deleting or adding. There are registry entries to stop the extrom from loading after a hard reset, but for that to work it would have to be cooked into the rom itself anyway or it would be erased when you hard reset.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC 6700 / Mogul 6800

passcityz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to passcityz
thanks again
Old 10-23-2007, 03:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
Think of it as read only you can't update it at all, deleting or adding. There are registry entries to stop the extrom from loading after a hard reset, but for that to work it would have to be cooked into the rom itself anyway or it would be erased when you hard reset.
Yeah that was my understanding as well.

I was going on the statement in Paul's first post in which he states that if you refresh the directory you can indeed see changes which implies that he was able to write some data to the partition.

I didnt notice, do any of your or the other Custom WM6 Titan ROMs modify the ExtROM?

I know it was a long shot... guys gotta have hope!

How about the Touch ExtRom unlocker on XDA?

Lastly any eta on a Kitchen? ive been living in the FTP but have not seen anything other than prebuilt custom ROMs.

I am determined to delete that damn waste of space and get it back
Old 10-23-2007, 04:08 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
The extended rom format is 12-bit transaction safe fat, while other devices use 16-bit tfat - it's hard to say why htc chose to use 12-bit tfat with the mogul. I've had some luck reading the extended rom nb file, but modifying it is a different story. I would rather just do away with the extended rom all together and just turn it into storage.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
The extended rom format is 12-bit transaction safe fat, while other devices use 16-bit tfat - it's hard to say why htc chose to use 12-bit tfat with the mogul. I've had some luck reading the extended rom nb file, but modifying it is a different story. I would rather just do away with the extended rom all together and just turn it into storage.
Ditto, thats my goal too.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro

j10376 is becoming a great contributor
extended rom files

Does any one know what the mp_cvsdcpl_20070129.cab files is for and also I do not have the audiopara0330.sa.cab file in my config file or in the extended rom does the 2.16 update remove this file
Old 12-31-2007, 10:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
... but for now there isn't really any extended rom customizing solution.
One thing that i have done on my roms is make an OEM for a ExtRom in the flash, redirect the autoloader to the flash one and away we go

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan