PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 07:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: cricket

nonzero is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP! Can't use phone after trying to get mms working

I have an Alltel Mogul (ppc6800) flashed over to cricket, and I had the internet working, but mms didint work. I followed the instructions as this link, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25859 but I was missing some of the files in my registry. I called my friend to get him to try and send me a pic, but it didn't work. I reprogrammed it (*22, still nothing.

I couldn't get online any more after changing the settings.

Then I followed the instructions at this link: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1251812
I did step 6, editing the PST settings

"Mobile Directory Number : Your Full Cricket Number
Min1: Your Cricket Number with out the Area Code
Min2: Your Area Code
MSID: Your Cricket MIN Number goes here
Ture MIN1: Your Number without the Area code
Ture MIN2: Your Area Code
True IMSI_S: Your Number with Area code

If your SPC is not 000000 Then please go to PRL, Click Update PRL file, Go to Menu, Edit, Find the PRL on your Memory Card once that is done go on to the next part.

Next go to Security
HDR AN AUTH USER ID : Your number @mycricket.com
PPP User ID Your number @mycricket.com
PPP Password: cricket"

and..

"WAP Set Up

1. Go to Start, Settings, Connections, Connections

2. Go to Mange existing connections, at this point you can make a new one or edit one, I did edit, Rename Alltel to Cricket or Cricket WAP, Dial String should be set to #777, Username is Your Cricket Number @mycricket.com, password: cricket After that hit done.

3. Next Go to Proxy Settings, Make sure that Both boxes are checked, and for the Proxy server make sure you type in wap.mycricket.com, Go to Advanced then delete the Socks entry and change the port on the HTTP to 8080, it should also read wap.mycricket.com. After this make sure that save and after that go to Internet Explorer and go to a website, at this point if you can view a website i.e google.com or some other website then your good to go. If not please go back or feel free to PM or post."

I tried to get online, mms, nothing. Then i tried *228, and it couldn't reprogram. Now I can't even make a call.

Can someone please help me. This is my business phone, and i really need it.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HELP! Can't use phone after trying to get mms working

Try to install this
Attached Files
File Type: cab dcd_Cricket_Carrier_20080801.cab (31.1 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:19 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

I can't seem to install the cab file. Do I need to install it in a certain way?
Old 01-01-2009, 10:03 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

I think i found out why my phone doesn't work any more. I changed the MIN to my phone number. Before it a different phone number. I don't know how to get it back, to see if that was what caused my phone to quit working. Is there anything else that could have caused this?
Old 01-01-2009, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

im1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonzero View Post
I think i found out why my phone doesn't work any more. I changed the MIN to my phone number. Before it a different phone number. I don't know how to get it back, to see if that was what caused my phone to quit working. Is there anything else that could have caused this?
you changed your min from what it was? even though that tut says it should be ...you may have done something that you were not supposed to..that tutorial does work for most ..but not everyones min is their phone number(mines is a totally different number than my phone number)call cricket(customer service) and ask them for your min number then you will have it=D>
Old 01-01-2009, 10:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

lmao. I now updated my phone to the black pill rom at this link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...00+cricket+rom
It went through and updated, restarted, and now its stuck at the alltel splash screen. Am I completely screwed???
Old 01-02-2009, 02:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Alltel

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to chevyforlife

Quote:
lmao. I now updated my phone to the black pill rom at this link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...00+cricket+rom
It went through and updated, restarted, and now its stuck at the alltel splash screen. Am I completely screwed???
should have just called cricket.....

~chevy
Radio: 3.42.50
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

im1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyforlife View Post
should have just called cricket.....

~chevy
Right! Thanks Chevy..you took the words right out of my mouth lol..just as i suggested...people ask for help and when we try to tell them the right thing to do they do the total opposite lol..i'm going to assume that something is out of sync..maybe the wrong bootloader or radio because vets old roms are gps roms so if his rom was a pre gps rom then i'm sure that his radio is as well
Old 01-02-2009, 02:35 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

I realized that after searching through a 100 or so pages, after attempting the flash. My friend said hes done it like 5 times on his phone without a prob, so i said lets do it.

Im pretty sure my phone is bricked. I'm going to start a new thread for this new issue.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I realized that after searching through a 100 or so pages, after attempting the flash. My friend said hes done it like 5 times on his phone without a prob, so i said lets do it.

Im pretty sure my phone is bricked. I'm going to start a new thread for this new issue.
lol you dont have to start a new thread...your phone is not bricked..do you know what radio version you have or the bootloader version..you have something thats not matching up basically ..for vets rom and most of the new ones..you need olipro 2.40 or nuespl 2.47 bootloader and one of the 3 series radio i.e. 3.37.20, 3.42.50 and so on

Last edited by im1badazchick; 01-02-2009 at 02:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan