PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Tristram is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ringer ID on Mogul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
I'm new to Windows Mobile-based phones (had a Pocket PC for years and a separate phone), so I'm sorry if this is old information that I'm looking to learn.

After reading through the entire Mogul manual online (my Mogul arrives tomorrow), I cannot find any mention of setting ringtones for specific contacts and/or groups like I can on my Fusic.

So, was I blind, is it there and not mentioned in the manual, or can the phone not do this at all (which would really suck)?

You have to go into the contact list. Select (using the "D" pad) a name then click "Edit". If you look at the long list of entry fields there, you will find a field called "Ring tone" right below the "Mobile tel:" field.

Click the Ring tone field and it will drop down a menu (though there is NO drop down icon there). You will then be able to pick from a list of all your ring tones.

Hope that helps.

Tristram
Old 03-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Twinsen is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Twinsen Send a message via AIM to Twinsen Send a message via Yahoo to Twinsen
Re: Ringer ID on Mogul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristram View Post
You have to go into the contact list. Select (using the "D" pad) a name then click "Edit". If you look at the long list of entry fields there, you will find a field called "Ring tone" right below the "Mobile tel:" field.

Click the Ring tone field and it will drop down a menu (though there is NO drop down icon there). You will then be able to pick from a list of all your ring tones.

Hope that helps.

Tristram
This is not what he's asking. He's asking if there's a way to set one ringtone for a category. Then after assigning 20 people to a category, only have to choose the ringtone once for the category. I wish there was an option for this, but from what I know, there isn't.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan