PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81
Yeah I'm not happy about this. Considering the 6800 comes with the Get Good icon, I figured they'd have it ready. I e-mailed them this morning and they said late Q3, so we're a couple months away.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Sprintdaddy is a n00b
Ya, I saw that too and I couldn't waiting that long for access to my company mail. So I went with the exchange ActiveSync and cancelled my Good account.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintdaddy
Ya, I saw that too and I couldn't waiting that long for access to my company mail. So I went with the exchange ActiveSync and cancelled my Good account.
I'd be fine with Exchange ActiveSync but it's apparently not an option for me. I inquired about it and my only choices are Good, or Blackberry. I don't know if they don't have the latest service pack on the Exchange servers or what, but I don't get it.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800

grimloch is a n00b
letsgoflyers,

I'm in the same situation! Goodlink or Blackberry. They told me something along the lines of Exchange Activesync was more of a security risk... don't know who true it is or if they just don't know what they're talking about. I know we have more BBs and Palm devices than WM, though, so maybe that's part of it.

Ugh, it's bad enough I have to put 3rd party software on my phone, and it's worse that nothing is compatible!
Old 06-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

dmackdaddy is a n00b
Exchange Active sync works great and uses port 443, so there aren't any security risks (assuming you use 443 and require SSL). I use Goodlink for my work mail and EX Active sync for my home mail where I have EX2007. Let me tell you that Good and BB have their days numbered with EX2007+WM6. Full on HTML mail rocks and its already included in the EX Lic. so why bother paying BB or Good?! We'll always have both here cause we have to mimic our customers but its a dieing breed IMO.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800

grimloch is a n00b
dmack,

If we already have BB and Good running, is there a problem with also running EX Activesync as well? I doubt they're running EX2007, though. Does that make a difference? Thanks a lot for the insight.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Lurker

jankertown is a n00b
I emailed good about it, this was the response:

'At this time it does not appear that the Mogul is going to be supported as it has not been tested. Please continue to monitor the Good website and the Good Monitoring Portal for information regarding this device.'
Old 06-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

dmackdaddy is a n00b
That would suck if they didn't support it.

We have in house all 3: EXAS, BB & GOOD. All 3 will work in a corp. envt. However for BB & GOOD you need additional servers whereas EXAS is already a part of the EX setup and uses your fronte end EX server or in 2007 Client Access Server (CAS).
Old 08-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

dmackdaddy is a n00b
Good 5.0 is still on track for Q3!

Dear Motorola Good Technology Group Customer:
As you may have heard, the next major release of Good Mobile Messaging will be available in late Q3-2007. Good Mobile Messaging 5 (Good 5) will bring a range of new functionality that we believe provides the best end-user and IT experience available. This letter provides a preview of what's coming in Good 5 as well as an update on handheld support.
Good 5 gives IT the security and manageability required to protect the enterprise, while providing the mobile experience end users want. For end-users, Good 5 helps you get things done more easily and allows you to personalize the way you work. For IT, Good 5 grants you more control and manageability of your handheld fleet. Some of the new Good 5 features include:
Get Things Done Easily
• Conversation view. Need to find all the messages related to a specific thread? With the ability display email grouped by conversation, you can easily see all the emails related to a conversation. Read, file or delete emails within an email thread.
• Group and find by sender. In the vast sea of email, it's often difficult to find the particular information you need. Quickly manage your email with the view by sender option, which conveniently groups your email and allows you to search by sender.
• Complete calendaring. Easily schedule meetings from anywhere by inviting optional or required attendees. Get suggested times and conference rooms based on real-time attendee and room availability.1
• Send attachments. You can send email attachments directly from your mobile device, improving responsiveness and efficiency.
• Dial without password. Make phone calls and access your contacts without the hassle of entering a password - all while keeping your email and data secure.
Personalize the Way You Work
• Good Mobile News. Stay updated on the news that matters to you with integrated RSS feeds and rich subscription management capabilities. You can preview and read feeds all without having to leave your inbox, navigate a mobile browser or launch another application.
• Priority mail. Quickly identify messages that are important to you! With priority mail you can define and distinguish what's meaningful by sender, distribution list, who's in the "To:" or "Cc:" fields, and even meeting requests or updates.
• Outbox management. Want to catch an email and make an edit before it goes out? Robust outbox management capabilities allow you to edit, delete and reorder messages in the queue on the fly from your handheld device.
Easy-to-Manage and Secure
• Complete handheld security. Gain control over the handhelds in the enterprise with a deep level of policy controls including the ability to disable access to the camera, Wi-Fi, infrared, Bluetooth and Bluetooth discoverability.
• Advanced password management. Enforce password policies with a complete set of centralized password management and protection features, such as password quality requirements. IT can set password limits that trigger protective actions, such as data erase or user lock out, and even create a temporary password to unlock the handheld when a password has been forgotten.
• Application lockdown. Control which applications can and cannot run on the handheld devices of your mobile users, all within an intuitive and powerful policy management interface.
• Encryption management. Ensure that the data on mobile devices is protected with AES-256 encryption of selected databases, folders and even the SD card.
• Mandatory applications. Define and enforce the installation of certain applications like anti-virus software on mobile devices. Even check whether the handheld is in compliance and still running the mandated applications. If not, mobile devices will not launch Good.1
• Double-Byte support for multinationals. Simplify global deployments with Unicode support, which allows mobile users to read and write read and write in traditional and simplified Chinese, Korean as well as Japanese.
• Simplified Load balancing1. Grow your user base hassle-free with simplified load balancing capabilities that allow IT administrators to easily move users from one Good server to another without the need to re-provision users.
• Lotus Domino encrypted email support. Extend your enterprise security to your handheld. With Good Mobile Messaging 5 you can easily read and reply to Domino-encrypted email as seamlessly as though you were at your desk.
Good Mobile Messaging 5 Device Support
Good 5 will continue to support a range of enterprise-class Palm, Windows Mobile 5, and Windows Mobile 6 devices from Motorola as well as other hardware manufacturers. The exact list of supported devices will be published in the "Supported Devices" area on the Good Monitoring Portal at www.good.com/gmp when Good 5 is released.
End of Software Update for Certain Devices
As we have previously communicated, certain devices will not be supported by the Good 5 client. However, you can continue to run these devices with the Good 4.9 client software against the Good 5 server. Please check the "Supported Devices" option in the Good Monitoring Portal at www.good.com/gmp to view devices that will not be supported by the Good 5 client software.
We are very excited about Good 5 and look forward to releasing it to you. In the meantime, if you have sales-related questions, please contact sales@good.com. We thank you for your business and loyalty as a Motorola Good Technology Group customer.
Best regards,
Motorola Good Technology Group
Old 08-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Has anyone tried this recently? After seeing the 6/25 press release just now I went to get.good.com on my Mogul and I was able to download the OTA provisioning app. This didn't work before. After entering my e-mail address and PIN, it gave me the following error:

"Good Messaging is not supported for the carrier: Sprint PCS.

Contact your IT Administrator."

I'm wondering what's causing it to fail. I was able to set up Good for my Treo 755p which was also on Sprint, so I don't think it's anything on my company's end unless they changed something since then. I'm asking my Exchange admin since he also takes care of Blackberry and Good, hopefully he can help shed some light on this. I'm also going to e-mail Good about it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan