PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Am I wrong? (Sprint TV)

Under normal circumstances, on a PPC (if all you have/use is that one PPC), the only way to start getting charged is to subscribe in the program itself, and the only way to stop getting charged is to unsubscribe in the program itself.

Why then, if the above is true, do the geniuses at Sprint keep on telling me to go through the content manager?!? I am on the phone with them an hour each month (through call drops, quick transfers to other departments so they don't have to deal with the problem, etc.) until they are finally convinced that they don't know what they are talking about. I unsubscribed months ago, but I keep on getting charged. it is so annoying.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800

JeffdaBeat is a n00b
Re: Am I wrong? (Sprint TV)

What exactly are you getting charged for? Sprint TV Premier or Sprint TV Xtras? A few of Sprint TV channels comes with your data plan. If you are getting hit by Sprint TV Premier then you can unsubscribe from your phone. Same with Xtras. Other than that, I'm not sure.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

eckramer is a n00b

I had the same issue. I finally, after 4 months, talked to a CSR that knew what to do. There seems to be a glitch with WM6.1 and the content manager. Sprint TV does not show up in the content manager on a WM6.1 device. The CSR transferred my ESN to a non WM6.1 phone, deleted Sprint TV from the content manager and then reassigned my ESN back to my Mogul....so far so good after 2 months...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckramer View Post
I had the same issue. I finally, after 4 months, talked to a CSR that knew what to do. There seems to be a glitch with WM6.1 and the content manager. Sprint TV does not show up in the content manager on a WM6.1 device. The CSR transferred my ESN to a non WM6.1 phone, deleted Sprint TV from the content manager and then reassigned my ESN back to my Mogul....so far so good after 2 months...
Thanks. I still think it is dumb for such a huge company with so many devices does not have have a better internal knowledge base, so the CSRs and Tech support don't continue to say the same wrong things over and over. It boggles the mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffdaBeat View Post
What exactly are you getting charged for? Sprint TV Premier or Sprint TV Xtras? A few of Sprint TV channels comes with your data plan. If you are getting hit by Sprint TV Premier then you can unsubscribe from your phone. Same with Xtras. Other than that, I'm not sure.
Sprint TV Premier. I thought when I was watching for a few minutes way back it was a free station, but I guess not. Then the ball of continual billing started to roll.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

After seeing more than one person having an issue I called a Sprint CSR an got this list of channels. This list is the channels included in the Simply Everything Plan

ABC News Now Live
CSPAN Live
CSPAN 2 Live
FOX News Channel Live
Discovery Live
TLC
CMT <----Why anyone needs this???
CMC Beats
CMC USA
Comedy Time
C-NET
FOX Sports
MLB Highlights
NFL Network
Discovery Kids
Toon World
Discovery Spanish
Weather Channel

The only way to kill a subscription is to sign in online and find the blue link for unsubscribe to the channel you need to get rid of.

Hope this helps out. Now untill someone has a more "interesting" solution we are stuck with the normal $10 per extra channel.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 12-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc p6800
Carrier: sprint

netranger776 is a n00b

i have a an unlimited data plan for my phone and sprint tv was included along with other things. the only thing that has a limit now is my phone minutes.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond & ppc-6700
Carrier: sprint

pencandance is a n00b

I just got a Diamond, and I'm on the verge of switching to an Everything data plan -- but IF, and only IF, I can get what I really want in programming. Which isn't much, maybe half a dozen things: C-SPAN & C-SPAN2, The NewsHour & Charlie Rose on PBS, MLB on Fox & ESPN/ESPN2, and especially NCAA basketball on ESPN/ESPN2 (plus CBS, ABC, and Fox too, if at all possible). So I guess the really tough ones are PBS and the C-SPAN/ESPN packages. But especially ESPN & ESPN2. To get this lineup, what add-ons would I have to pay for in addition to an Everything plan? Thanks! pencandance
Old 01-06-2009, 03:22 AM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

Sprint doesn't offer most of the channels you want:

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/en/se...id16=sprint_tv

You'd be better off getting a slingbox. It's a one time fee and you can watch any channel you currently get through your cable/dish provider.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

genius', the genius' that ask questions around here.. goto sprints site on PC.. goto ten download manager.. WHOA! HOLY CRAP! the channels you subcribe to, OMG could it be.. cick the links...

pretty simple.. everyone just wants easy answers anymore and never wants to actually check things out for themselves
Old 01-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
genius', the genius' that ask questions around here.. goto sprints site on PC.. goto ten download manager.. WHOA! HOLY CRAP! the channels you subcribe to, OMG could it be.. cick the links...

pretty simple.. everyone just wants easy answers anymore and never wants to actually check things out for themselves
None of that came up for me. It is a bug, and has since been fixed with a work-around from one of the smarter sprint techs.

Last edited by akastixx; 01-13-2009 at 02:58 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan