PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 07:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ianargent is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My bet would be on the aGPS.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint-Nextel

UTSAFTW is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianargent
Hmmm, although if we could use AGPS in programs such as tom-tom (by having a virtual GPS port), then that would be a bit better than being stuck with a $10/mo. program that is the only way to use GPS w/o the use of bluetooth-based GPS device.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

phyrebird is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill
Nice stuff! Will certainly take a wait-and-see attitude on the more exotic stuff but a summer release for the Mogul sounds great.

Thanks for posting this e-mail phyrebird.
Glad to be of service. God knows you folks have been immeasurably helpful with me getting my first 6700 set up.

As a follow up, my "source" said he'd forward any further communication about the Mogul to me as it comes in.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Now Network

sd4shizy is keeping up the good worksd4shizy is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to sd4shizy
phyrebird, god bless ya. ppl like you give us hope.

on another note, the radio shack spec sheet is GONE, the guy in MI took it off; however, the katana spec sheet is still there.

they told me contradictory things upon numerous inquiries. The Joe guy seemed pretty nice but then he went back on many of the words he had said to me just the day before.

he also thinks it will come out in june. nonetheless, when i initially called, some idiot lady said some crap about how they contacted the "manufacturer" and it has been delayed. i asked, " who, HTC?" and she replied, Yes. well, anyways, they lost any sense of credibility at that point in my estimation.

i have never been through this guys. this 6800 has become such a significant part of our lives lol. it's little sad but funny.

and yeah, i wanna know if it will be capable of handling sdhc cards. REMEMBER, buy summer of 08, samsung will bring out an 8 gb msd card. isn't that exciting? f an ipod. eww on ipods. i do think they will have one with 80 or even 120 gb and 3.6 ts capability in 08 though.

GUYS!!! that sprint emplyee is sooo confident that this phone is coming out in oct.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...rriers-33.html

i hope he's wrong.

and this kiaser phone is hurting my feelings, i wish i never saw it.

and mobile gmaps is not working with navizon. navizon sucks by the way for vgps in my area, so inaccurate.

lastly, i hope we can use our mms crack for htc or our threading sms if it lacks either of them. i hope there wont be a compatibility issue.

thanks for all those who contribute.

warmly

SamD
Old 05-26-2007, 12:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ianargent is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTSAFTW
Quote:
Hmmm, although if we could use AGPS in programs such as tom-tom (by having a virtual GPS port), then that would be a bit better than being stuck with a $10/mo. program that is the only way to use GPS w/o the use of bluetooth-based GPS device.
Doesn't matter to me - I already have the external GPS device. Also, compare a $10/mo software package to a $100+ software package and another $50+ for an external receiver. Note that most GPS software packages I know about cost that extra $100 yearly. That's pretty favorable, no? (Esp when you consider tha tI spent $200 on my receiver a little over a year ago, and it was cheap at the price. Just befor ethe new SiRFStar III chipset came out.)
Old 05-26-2007, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

megamav is a n00b
has there been any word of a mail in rebate with this phone?
Old 05-26-2007, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint-Nextel

UTSAFTW is a n00b
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTSAFTW
Quote:
Doesn't matter to me - I already have the external GPS device. Also, compare a $10/mo software package to a $100+ software package and another $50+ for an external receiver. Note that most GPS software packages I know about cost that extra $100 yearly. That's pretty favorable, no? (Esp when you consider tha tI spent $200 on my receiver a little over a year ago, and it was cheap at the price. Just befor ethe new SiRFStar III chipset came out.)
I myself do have an external bluetooth GPS device, but the convinience of not having to tote it around an additional piece of hardware would be quite nice.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Retired Staff

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
/me googles meaning of mogul and came up with this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mogul

haven't you heard? corporations are the new government. They're constitutionally-exempt.

92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n paste

Old 05-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Huh....that IS very interesting.

It's also interesting b/c someone at SU.com contacted me awhile back (about 5 weeks ago) and said that the 6800 would be coming with WM6 and GPS.

He got that from someone "high up" in Sprint. Now at the time I hear it but took it with a grain-of-salt, but it looks like it might actually pan out.

Interestingly enough, the same source said the 700wx is getting WM6 Q3/Q4, which I am now re-evaluating as a possibility in light of this post. (seeing as the 700wx has yet to get a Maintenance Release (MR) and the 700p is getting one 12+ months after release, I'm starting to thing that an update could be true...)
Old 05-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
I think it will be true GPS since every device has aGPS already.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan