PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 08:43 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: p2p on my mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickthecrowdup View Post
For a quick example.. If I record a song with my band and want to share it, I could upload a torrent and you could download it via P2P.
Ok point proven.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

I love this stuff...

people r gonna bash him for using p2p....

Let Me Ask Everyone this question????

Have u done the reg edit for tethering???

Theres nothing more ILLEGAL on a mobile phone, than Cloning right??

Read the definition of the Laws involving cloning, Tethering is part of it too...

so everyone back off and give the guy a break...

were all doing boderline illegal/wrong stuff with our phones, whether just the carrier thinks so, or the government...

Download away homie and enjoy every minute of it...
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 01-24-2009, 03:27 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Ok 1) PPCGeeks does NOT support ESN cloning and never will until it's legal. 2) I have Alltel and tether just fine. 3) It's not illegal to tether.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
The reason I flagged it as illegal was because he wants to download music through p2p. If he had just said p2p I wouldn't have cared.

so why is it your say about this??? i dont care who you are, its not your call about what he does with his phone..ITS HIS...

you wanna cry about stuff, pick the tethering like i said.. That realy is illegal and a FEDERAL CRIME..

and dl music is only illegal is noone owns it already... whos to say someone didnt buy the CD at a store and send him the files, NOT ILLEGAL....your allowed to make recordings for people till your blue in the face....

Tell me MR Lawyer, when the last time someone got in trouble for it???? like freakin 5 yrs ago, maybe... after the intial bust of Napster, it died down, cuz there nthing anyone can do about...

so think twice b4 giving someone tethering advice, or telling them where to find a free version of wmwifirouter or anything for that matter that should be paid for and isnt.. since your Oh So Concerned about the legality of things..

I bet your one of those peeeps with a call recording app too prob huh, highly illegal to use without notifing the other party b4 u record...
Old 01-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
so why is it your say about this??? i dont care who you are, its not your call about what he does with his phone..ITS HIS...

you wanna cry about stuff, pick the tethering like i said.. That realy is illegal and a FEDERAL CRIME..

and dl music is only illegal is noone owns it already... whos to say someone didnt buy the CD at a store and send him the files, NOT ILLEGAL....your allowed to make recordings for people till your blue in the face....

Tell me MR Lawyer, when the last time someone got in trouble for it???? like freakin 5 yrs ago, maybe... after the intial bust of Napster, it died down, cuz there nthing anyone can do about...

so think twice b4 giving someone tethering advice, or telling them where to find a free version of wmwifirouter or anything for that matter that should be paid for and isnt.. since your Oh So Concerned about the legality of things..

I bet your one of those peeeps with a call recording app too prob huh, highly illegal to use without notifing the other party b4 u record...
Although I agree with your point, your argument is a bit inaccurate.

Many people are getting in trouble for sharing music as we speak. It takes very long to get to trial so most do a settlement.

Uploading music is illegal if it's copyrighted.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

if if if...

If my uncle had boobs, he'd be my aunt...

But he doesn't so he isn't.

If.

P2P is legal because of ifs.
What YOU do with P2P can be illegal because of ifs.

Can we stop already?
Old 01-24-2009, 03:51 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8
Carrier: Verizon

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
if if if...

If my uncle had boobs, he'd be my aunt...

But he doesn't so he isn't.

If.

P2P is legal because of ifs.
What YOU do with P2P can be illegal because of ifs.

Can we stop already?
now that's funny .... and true
Old 01-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

i def agree with the aburdity of all this... it cant be proven really...

whos to say someone didnt download every song off every artists Myspace page, which is legal, then shared em..that would be legal P2P sharing...

im just didnt like seeing someone, be like "illegal thread, youve been reported".. thats BS completely..theres enough sketchy stuff going on here...and if you wanted to be technical, theres 2 topic forbidden on PPC: cloning and warez, and this isnt either...

so yeah, he needed to be told that it wasnt his concern and to stop being so uptight...
Old 01-24-2009, 05:27 PM
I see you have a PPC.

My stand is this: I originally thought he was wanting to do illegal downloads. After getting clarification I changed my stance for this thread. I think you're making a bunch of bull out of nothing so just drop it. This thread is 2 months old anyway.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!
Carrier: Verizon

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work

pocketG2pro still works and it works on the data network just when it asks you to install the net framework say no and it will work fine

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan