PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2008, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yjbeach is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dynolicious anyone know if this program is for the Mogul?

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=130548#2

Thats an article found on Insideline about a new software for the Iphone called Dynolicious. It measures the G forces and speed of your car.

Anyone know of anything similar for the Mogul?

Here is the article pasted

"DETROIT — Of course we're all pretty much sick of the self-absorbed dweebs more concerned with their phone conversation than their driving technique. But there may be one reason not to rush to judgment of someone peering at his or her trendy little iPhone while at the wheel — there's a magnificent new application for the iPhone that turns the device into a vehicle-performance measuring tool.

Precisely measuring the classic 0-60-mph and quarter-mile runs is just the beginning for the iPhone application called Dynolicious, created by BunsenTech. It piggybacks on the iPhone's built-in accelerometer to generate all kinds of intriguing performance info, including cornering and braking G-forces and even horsepower measurements. All with absolutely no setup required (the company recommends a solid place to hold the forward-facing iPhone, though it boasts that even a secure berth in a cupholder might work).

And the Dynolicious graphics are awesome: results can be displayed on some of the most impressive charts and graphs we've seen from any kind of performance-testing devices. There are all kinds of archiving options, too.

Of the roughly 5,000 downloadable iPhone applications from Apple's iTunes store, Dynolicious has to be one of the best for automotive enthusiasts. But the deal-sealer is the price: just $12.99 — a fraction of the hundreds of dollars a dedicated in-vehicle performance recorder will set you back.

It's a little too early to know what kind of accuracy to expect from the iPhone-Dynolicious combo — tuned-in bloggers probably are posting their research as you read this — but the company's Web site says, "A detailed accuracy analysis using professional timing equipment at a regulation dragstrip will be posted soon."

What this means to you: Even if you think iPhone love is a little outta hand, you've got to admire the ingenuity here. And who wouldn't take a carry-around performance tester for $12.99? We just hope this screaming bargain for performance junkies turns out to be acceptably accurate. — Bill Visnic, senior editor, Edmunds AutoObserver"
Old 08-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

rebbie23 is a n00b
Re: Dynolicious anyone know if this program is for the Mogul?

its an amazing program.

i use it and it is very accurate.

but the reason it works so well is the fact that it uses the accelerometers built into the iphone and ipod touch, which the mogul does not have.

i used the dynolicious program on my '78 vette and my '02 s-10

it said my s-10 had 210 hp, which is very close (i think its around 215)

my corvette, which i have had dyno'd has 370HP
my iPod Touch rated it around 366HP
amazing results for a 13 dollar application.

it also gave me very accurate quarter mile times and 0-60 times.

i was very impressed.

but sadly, no, there inst anything like this for the mogul simply cause there is no accelerometer in it to calculate g forces.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Can't wait for the Touch Pro. Has an accelerometer.........
Old 09-01-2008, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

KoukiFC3S is just getting started

Check out GPS performance.

http://classic.pocketgear.com/softwa...l.asp?id=24172

It uses the GPS to calculate your performance.

I like it better since you can do runs like 20-60 or whatever number. The iPhone one only does 0-XX since it uses the accelerometers.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan