PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Use SPB Backup for two phones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
One last thing...well, two.

-If I buy it, how will the license work? Can I keep using it on all my phones as I switch/upgrade?

-Will the backup restore my Registry Edits as well?
It serial number so it should work on all your phones.

It will restore registry edits and everything else
Old 09-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic
Threadstarter

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestjudge View Post
It serial number so it should work on all your phones.

It will restore registry edits and everything else
Awesome again; thanks a ton guys!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick aguas View Post
really? so your saying after updating your ROM it restores ALL your programs you had up and running in the previous ROM? wow. ive used sprite forever, but i believe it's time for a switch.

Sprite accomplishes this seemlessly. I've tried Sk tools and Spb back up with errors after, never had a problem with sprite, also sprite latest version allow one to sync thier back up with pc.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by viwizard View Post
Sprite accomplishes this seemlessly. I've tried Sk tools and Spb back up with errors after, never had a problem with sprite, also sprite latest version allow one to sync thier back up with pc.
What errors have you experienced w/ SPB? I've been using it for about a year and no issues.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to madman16420

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
don't you also have to reformat the memory card? i had to with my touch because of different esn numbers. maybe your phone is different
no me and my friend have the same phone and i can pop my card in his phone and use it just fine

Old 09-02-2008, 01:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV 6800

tcolling is a n00b

I took the Verizon upgrade to 6.1 and afterward when I did a full restore from my SPB backup, the phone was unusable because the phone earpiece did not work (i.e., the sound was fully muted). This happened on both my phone and my wife's phone. I DID use the "rom upgrade" mode for the restore.

I speculate that this was caused by something on my WM 6.0 phones that didn't work on 6.1. I doubt whether the backup itself was bad.

- Tim
Old 09-02-2008, 06:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcolling View Post
when I did a full restore from my SPB backup, the phone was unusable because the phone earpiece did not work (i.e., the sound was fully muted).
So what did you do at that point??

I use SPB BU myself in my Verizon XV6800 & all my restores have worked with no problems (I have not restored after a ROM upgrade however, although I am going to try that this week).

~John
Old 09-02-2008, 07:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Come to think of it, I did have one problem:

When I originally installed Ultimate Launch, that froze up the phone (because of HTC Home still being an active home screen plug-in). I restored the BU that I had made just previous to the program install (I ALWAYS make a new BU before trying/installing any new program)
Come to think of it, I did have one problem:

When I originally installed Ultimate Launch, that froze up the phone (because of HTC Home still being an active home screen plug-in). I restored the BU that I had made just previous to the program install (I ALWAYS make a new BU before trying/installing any new program).

After the restore, everything seemed to work fine but then I realized ActiveSync was not working & absolutely NOTHING I tried worked to fix that.

I then hard reset the phone (I believe I did the restore without a hard reset the first time) & restored the BU a 2nd time. After the 2nd restore everything including AS worked perfectly.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan