PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Q and XV6800

js415 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with new XV6800

I have been reading for a long time and now have the opportunity to post a question. I currently am using a Moto Q, but have a HTC XV6800 due to arrive Monday or Tuesday.

The main reason I want to switch to the XV6800 is to take advantage of the WiFi.

Before I transfer everything over to the new phone, I want to make sure the wifi is working ok and the phone is to my liking.

Does the phone have to be activated and have a valid phone signal for the wifi antenna to work?

It would seem as though it should not, but I'm not sure how the internal workings are tied together on this phone.

I would like to be able to use the wifi for a few days as a test, before I swap over.

Thanks for helping out a new user/member.

Jerry
Old 08-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Help with new XV6800

Wifi will work without an activated phone. It is independent of the phone's radio.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Q and XV6800
Threadstarter

js415 is a n00b

Thank you Sir.

I look forward to getting my phone.....getting used to it...and then playing with it to get it where I want it.

First thing on my list is trying to get the GPS going.

I'm studying the other threads as we speak trying to get a little knowledge up front!!!

Jerry
Old 08-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by js415 View Post
Thank you Sir.

I look forward to getting my phone.....getting used to it...and then playing with it to get it where I want it.

First thing on my list is trying to get the GPS going.

I'm studying the other threads as we speak trying to get a little knowledge up front!!!

Jerry
Good luck! You'll enjoy it
Old 08-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

thank you for researching before you ask questions, and yes wifi will work even if the phone isnt activated, as will the internal gps
Old 08-18-2008, 09:30 AM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8
Carrier: Verizon

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

just a little off the subject...

the phone (xv6800) wifi will not work while on airplane mode

like i said off the subject

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan