PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 04:55 PM
TyD
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

TyD is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Shattered Screen ppc6800

Dropped my phone tonight and was wondering if i could replace it myself. Also what are the chances of getting a new one from alltel?? I just exchanged one for this one not too long ago...

Any ideas?!?!?!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Shattered Screen ppc6800

if u have insurance you get 2 replacements every 12 months. they wont insure u anymore if u replace 2 phones within the 12 months. the good news is that u dont have a 6$ insurance fee on ur bill anymore. the bad is obvious.

do u have insurance on ur phone?

was ur first replacement though the insurance or though the 1 year manufacturer warranty? they both go through asurion, but if its manufacturers warranty it doesnt 'hit' your 2 phones/12 months policy.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:33 PM
TyD
N00b
Threadstarter

TyD is a n00b

No insurance. first was manufacturer warranty. I read in another thread when i searched someone put a replacement lcd in then turned the phone in and got a replacement. how does that work and can it be done???
Old 07-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore

i replaced one with my friend it is very simple but time consuming
Old 07-17-2008, 09:44 PM
TyD
N00b
Threadstarter

TyD is a n00b

where did you get the parts??
Old 07-18-2008, 02:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

georgeckc is just getting started

Here is a thought, if you replace the screen, it will most likely void your warranty.
If for me, I will try to have Alltel to get me a replacement first. Get there at the most busy hours and "hoping" they would not even check your phone and do a mail in replacement for you. Give a few more try if you don't success at the first time. If they won't replace it for you, purchase the insurance (I am Alltel customer too. As what I have been told, you can purchase insurance at any time) and wait for a month b4 you file for insurance and cancel it after you got a replacement. Keep in mind, there is a $100 deductible (if my memory serve me right, that's what the Alltel rep told me). But I think $100 + 1 month insurance charge should be better than buy a replacement screen and take the hassle to replace it yourself.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

livinonnosleep is a n00b

i know that with verizon when your screen cracks you can do a replacement phone for 50.00, i don't know if alltel has this, but you might check with a rep there. Just make sure that when you call that you don't give them your acct number so they can't notate it, also call from a phone that is not on your alltel account otherwise it will auto populate your account on their screen. Just ask them if you cracked your screen what is the replacement policy, you might call twice just to make sure, you know how customer service is nowadays.

edit
you might be able to get ahold of a bricked phone online, every once in a while you see them on ebay for spare parts, if you cant get alltel to play ball.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:46 AM
TyD
N00b
Threadstarter

TyD is a n00b

Thanks for the help guys.

I know what you are saying about the void issue, but how would they know? the last 6800 had a small sticker that said void over one of the screws... this one doesnt have it?!?!?
Old 07-18-2008, 09:35 PM
TyD
N00b
Threadstarter

TyD is a n00b

turns out we had insurance!!! 95 dollar deductible. go a refurb.... which kind of sucks
Old 07-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

to me a refurb is better than a cracked screen.. U can always pay cash for one from ebay or craigslist or here on the forums.

Will

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan