PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint PRI UPDATE - 5 second GPS locks - cab attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
Quick question.... would you know if this is compatible for the Vogue?
I'm pretty sure this is titan specific, but I could be wrong.... I wouldn't recommend using it unless someone could confirm for sure that it is compatible...
Old 06-17-2008, 10:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

KDiz is a n00b

Thank you, sir! I didn't actually care for the GPS in my mogul since it took so long to lock on to the satellites. It took less than 10 sec. to lock on sitting in my room, whereas before it took at least 5 mins.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818

Thanks for the good reply holo. Im running the official 3.35 ROM and GPS and rev A have been smooookiiiin!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
I'm pretty sure this is titan specific, but I could be wrong.... I wouldn't recommend using it unless someone could confirm for sure that it is compatible...
Understood. I wanted to see if you knew before I took the jump. I'll just let the powers that be on this site to test and approve! lol
Old 06-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDiz View Post
Thank you, sir! I didn't actually care for the GPS in my mogul since it took so long to lock on to the satellites. It took less than 10 sec. to lock on sitting in my room, whereas before it took at least 5 mins.
Ditto on that one, I was carrying around my bluetooth gps since I could hardly ever get the titan to lock before this! I would have to hold it to the car window to keep a constant gps lock while driving around... Now this bad boy locks indoors even in rather large buildings almost instantly with 8-9 satellites... It is definitely now far superior to my bluetooth gps...
Old 06-18-2008, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm amazed at how sensitive the GPS is in my mogul. In my office, I have a brick wall, and a concrete ceiling to another floor. I fire up the gps and in 3-5 seconds it is locked to 5 satellites. My old phone, the m610, it would never see gps in my office... Not to mention it would loose the GPS signal when you really needed it.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tarrant64 is a n00b

I ran into a problem when installing the CAB file. It loads some Custom PPST file in apps, right(at least it says you can uninstall it)?

When I did this, I lost my Sprint PCS connection. Do I need to have a custom rom loaded for this CAB to work? I've had my phone for a little over a week, has GPS and it works. i Just thought this was a simple install to enhance the GPS.

If there's something else needed, please let me know. Otherwise I'm staying clear, it took me 15 minutes to find out it was after loading this CAB I was losing my Sprint connection. Couldn't make calls, couldn't get text messages out. Tried having text messages sent to me, no go. Back up now though.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrant64 View Post
I ran into a problem when installing the CAB file. It loads some Custom PPST file in apps, right(at least it says you can uninstall it)?

When I did this, I lost my Sprint PCS connection. Do I need to have a custom rom loaded for this CAB to work? I've had my phone for a little over a week, has GPS and it works. i Just thought this was a simple install to enhance the GPS.

If there's something else needed, please let me know. Otherwise I'm staying clear, it took me 15 minutes to find out it was after loading this CAB I was losing my Sprint connection. Couldn't make calls, couldn't get text messages out. Tried having text messages sent to me, no go. Back up now though.
It shuts down the radio and will require a reboot... Install the cab and run PPST.exe in the windows directory and it should shut down the radio and force you to reboot and you should be fine...

You need to run PPST from the file explorer in the windows directory...

No custom rom is needed but you will need a GPS enabled ROM/radio (if your GPS works already you have this already).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tarrant64 is a n00b

Alright, giving it another go. I didn't get any prompts or anything after running the PPST.exe file. Does it just...'blip' and it's done? I'm assuming it did its thing because I lost the connection again.

I'm going to restart it and see what happens.

Thanks for the quick response.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrant64 View Post
Alright, giving it another go. I didn't get any prompts or anything after running the PPST.exe file. Does it just...'blip' and it's done? I'm assuming it did its thing because I lost the connection again.

I'm going to restart it and see what happens.

Thanks for the quick response.
it should pop up a screen and say that it is updating.... you clicked ppst from the windows directory? you might have to turn on view all files in file explorer...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan