PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dannyzen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gmail Email Sending Fails

Hey guys,
I'm running stock 3.35 rom with stock radio - nothing fancy. I have GMAIL setup through IMAP and everything is pushed down great. For some reason however I have problem sending.
What will happen is I will send a msg, it will connect for send/receive but often not send (timing out?) and leave the email in my outbox. I try several times again from the outbox sending and it still wont transfer.
Is there any way to modify its timeout time? Or fix the issue altogether? Often this is fixed by a soft reset, but when I'm on the subway and I use two hands to push the button in with my stylus, i lose balance often and fall down....
Any help would be great.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: Gmail Email Sending Fails

Do you have "Outgoing server requires authentication" checked under Outgoing server, as well as "Requires SSL for Outgoing e-mail" checked in Advanced Server Settings?
Old 06-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

IBGregR is a n00b
Re: Gmail Email Sending Fails

I've had problems on NON stock roms where gmail will work fine for some undetermined amount of time but then all of a sudden I can no longer send. When this happens to me it actually pops up a window stating that the message could not be sent and tells me to check my settings. The only way I could get it to work again was to delete the Gmail account off of the phone and re-add it back.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan