PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

epsilon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to epsilon Send a message via MSN to epsilon
Re: External Antennas/Amplifiers/etc

well its easy to setup but hard to find the placements. I would say read over there online doc's before you buy it. There are some things that make setup tricky, like they must be 30 feet apart and not mounted to metal. Once its up you don't have to do any thing. It pass the signal along with out any thing plugged in to the back of your phone. And until I can get an airwave its the best thing out.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My Solution was to get an Airave. Its is a little micro tower that uses your broadband conection. Now I have a full 1x signal! I got one when I went to Denver for thanks Giving, because it was a test market. I Live in the Charlotte, NC area, and it didn't work here till DEC 23rd. It is supposed to be released nationally soon, if not already.

One thing I have noticed is that the bars on my phone register the power of the EVDO signal. I am sitting with 1 bar, then when I use the phone, or go to a place in my house that there is no EVDO signal, it shows a full signal. If I want to use the internet here, I just hop on my wifi
Old 06-18-2008, 03:26 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

Well you could always build your own...
http://shadowmite.com/wiki/index.php...zon_800_Dipole

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 06-18-2008, 04:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: sprint

pflatlyne is a n00b

I personally dont like the airrave. Why should I pay sprint even more money every month to use my phone inside. The external antenna and a bluetooth headset works perfectly.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

You only have to pay a monthly fee IF you want UNLIMITED calling for free inside of the Airave signal coverage... If not its just the one-time fee to buy the device.. I have seen prices stating that it will only be $45 street cost. If you don't sign up for the extra $15 a month unlimited minute usage on your Airave then u will still be able to use it only costing you your normal minutate usage chages. SO if you already have an unlimited plan on your phone you will still get unlimited on the airave without paying the extra $15 a month... Otherwise say you have a 900 min plan calls originating from your airave will be billed just like normal as if you didn't have the device, according to your plan.

Do some resarch on the device before you go slamming Sprint or the Airave. T-Mobile is the only other carrier that i know of to have something similar but you have to have a certain phone and the router or be in a hot-spot. So in my opinion the Airave is supperior as it will work on any Sprint CDMA phone. Rev A and 1X EVDO over the Airave will be added via firmware updates sometime later this year or early Q1 2009 and also will reqire a compatible data plan or you will be chaged data accordingly... So just use wifi until then..
Old 06-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

I caution everyone who wants to plug anything into the external antenna connection on the back of the HTC phones.

I tried one of those "do it yourself antennas" i found a video on right... hahaha

Well, it worked, trouble is i didn't want to have it hanging out of my phone all the time right? But it turns out that the external antenna jack and the internal antenna jack are connected and it's a very sensitive/delicate connection. So if you "turn" the external connection just slightly you pretty much disconnect the internal antenna! And voila no signal at all.

I ended up leaving the external antenna i made inside the case. I have an extended battery so thats the only reason it works. Without that antenna in place (inside the case) i wouldn't be able to use my phone!!!!

So, be careful what you plug in and how you "turn it!!!!"

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

@ GhettoBSD - True dat...
Old 09-28-2008, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

ocbizlaw is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
You only have to pay a monthly fee IF you want UNLIMITED calling for free inside of the Airave signal coverage... If not its just the one-time fee to buy the device.. I have seen prices stating that it will only be $45 street cost. If you don't sign up for the extra $15 a month unlimited minute usage on your Airave then u will still be able to use it only costing you your normal minutate usage chages. SO if you already have an unlimited plan on your phone you will still get unlimited on the airave without paying the extra $15 a month... Otherwise say you have a 900 min plan calls originating from your airave will be billed just like normal as if you didn't have the device, according to your plan.

Do some resarch on the device before you go slamming Sprint or the Airave. T-Mobile is the only other carrier that i know of to have something similar but you have to have a certain phone and the router or be in a hot-spot. So in my opinion the Airave is supperior as it will work on any Sprint CDMA phone. Rev A and 1X EVDO over the Airave will be added via firmware updates sometime later this year or early Q1 2009 and also will reqire a compatible data plan or you will be chaged data accordingly... So just use wifi until then..
I called retentions and they gave me an airwave free and a credit for the monthly charges. I have a Sprint account and and AT&T account. I called retentions and told them that I'd rather stay with Sprint and bring my AT&T number over to Sprint as well but I moved and don't get service at my house. So they gave me the airwave free and service free. After that, I'm going to switch my AT&T over.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:03 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try flashing the 3.42.50 radio and see if that helps.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPAQ RX1955
Carrier: AT&T

brent0876 is a n00b

I know this post is quite old but has anybody here use a wi-ex repeater? like the zboost yx510? Could you provide me feedbacks. I'm planning to buy one and since its a popular repeater I'm hoping it will work for my situation.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan