PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Lurker

Webby is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery life drains much too quickly

I'd hate to return the phone because it is a pretty cool device. but the fact that the battery drains rather quickly i driving me to the point of returning it. If anyone can help me with the battery life and get it to last longer it would be great. I surf the web on my ppc heavily so that is probably the reason why.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff
Re: Battery life drains much too quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webby View Post
I'd hate to return the phone because it is a pretty cool device. but the fact that the battery drains rather quickly i driving me to the point of returning it. If anyone can help me with the battery life and get it to last longer it would be great. I surf the web on my ppc heavily so that is probably the reason why.
Were you going into your task manager and closing down the apps? If you just hit the X or "OK" is minimizes them, not close them. Also make sure your beam receive is off. It would help to know what programs you were running, this list could show us if you have something that is running in the background eating up your battery.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 05-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Webby is a n00b

I mainly run internet explorer.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

get no2chem rom 5065

Quote:
Old 05-18-2008, 01:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: sprint

Brett8187 is a n00b

do you preform battery maintenance? IE drain it all the way down then charge it full? look up some web instructions i get 2+ days out of mine with moderate useage and GPS
Old 05-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

Quote:
Hmm. I think your problem is that you leave the net connection on all the time even when you're not using it. Like, say you surf or stream for 30min, than put it down for an hour, than use it again for an 1, than put it down for two hours. An active or (even dormant) connection makes a big difference.

When you know you're going to be offline for more than 15 min, go ahead and use your comm manager to disconnect data usage. An even easier method is to go to the Reg Tweaks thread/sticky, and use the tweak to put the data disconnect button right into your EV box in your tool bar, so it's just like 2 clicks away.

I manage my connection, and my battery life has increased accordingly. I stream CNN at work alot, lol! Also, turn off the beam like has been said, and do the battery life tweeks too. Some say turn your backlight down too, but yeah, that sucks, and I only keep it one notch down from full, otherwise, it just doesn't look cool, lol!

If none of this works well enough for you, you may need to buy an extended battery.

~Jeans
Old 05-18-2008, 03:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC P4000 (Tytn)

brea243 is a n00b

I was ready to return my HTC only days after purchasing it b/c of battery usage. I found that if you leave your wifi turned on it will drain your battery in less than a day. I only turn it on when I need to and my HTC can last between 4-7 days before it needs to be recharged. The little switch on the lower left side controls your wifi.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:56 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

4 to 7 days on a regular battery hun? Idk if I could believe that boo...
Old 05-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

My phone can go 4-7 days in flight mode. lol

Also, I tested both ways, and didn't see a huge difference in battery life between dormant data connection and closed data connection (unless in a spotty coverage area).

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ppclover2 is just getting started

try no2chem rom...build 50660..the battery life + a few hacks make the battery life great...you have to understand manage your usage and power management to really get the best out of your battery...cant just be all willy nilly wit wifi, data connection, and the backlight. learn to adjust the settings and find the battery hacks in the "cab style reg tweak" post.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan