PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are You Reading eBooks?

Wel, i think the best reader is actually PicselBrowser. You can flip pages, text is clear and zoom is easy to use. But again, Audible FTW!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work

yeah really... reading ebooks on this phone is bordering on absurd when you've got audible.com or mp3 books to "listen" to books.
Otherwise, MortPlayer is free and allows bookmarking any audio file. That's something which was rather hard to find.
I highly recommend learning to listen to books.... its a skill, trust me. But its the reason I got this phone and the main reason I love this phone.
Listening to books while hiking, biking, and driving I've listened to literally - over a thousand hours over the years.
Stereo BT headsets come in handy but mono bt works as well.
Maybe not for everyone, but figured I'd throw that in there.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:51 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existentialism View Post
Wel, i think the best reader is actually PicselBrowser. You can flip pages, text is clear and zoom is easy to use. But again, Audible FTW!
I agree with this... works great and can be found for "free" as it shipped on Treos...
Old 04-29-2008, 06:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

bamrock is a n00b

I've been reading ebooks on mobile devices now for some time, and maybe I'm old school but, I prefer MS Reader over most. The only problem then is finding a good book in .LIT format which is pretty tough these days. The backup option I use which has been mentioned is ubook. I'm going to look into the mobipocket converter though and see if I can't get a better conversion for HTM and PDF format books.

The best in tech and everything else!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium CDMA/GSM
Carrier: Iusacell / Telcel on Roaming

drmolle is a n00b

I use micro OLAP CHM REader Im an Orthopedic Surgeon and there are several medical ebooks around. Only problem is that is quite slow but worth it. Is better that any other chm reader I tried (FastCHM reader, and CHM Reader.net).

Thare is also an issue with some WM 6.5 because CHM uses Internet Explorer as platform, and there is some kind of conflict with newer IE versions (Same as with Up to Date medical App) This one is solved in the next post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=563585&page=4

After this my Newest Energy ROM is working nice with my CHM reader I inly need to figure out how to activate finger scrolling.

If you use this fix it will block your email reading since email reading seems to use newest Internet Explorer features to work. You will be able to see the email but if you try to open, it It will just popup and get back without showing the email. You will need to uninstall the cab to get back to normal.

Any Clues?

Another email reader? A newer version of chm reader?

Greetings for Mexico.

Last edited by drmolle; 03-26-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc one
Carrier: cmb

arronlee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bltlzt View Post
mobipocket reader which is free. Has a free utility to convert pdf to ebook files and it works great. Before I found this software, I was converting pdf's to text which was a pain.
Hi, bltlzt.
I wonder whether the pdf converter will add watermarks on the pdf files it converts? And whether the toolkit you were using offers free trial package for users to check?If so, I will try it later and give you feedback.

Best regards,
Lee

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan