PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 06:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

SilentBenton is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Threaded SMS Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verix View Post
You people need to upgrade to 6.1! It's integrated, and works flawlessly!
I have tried the 6.1 version. I have a 6.1 rom, but I installed the CodyPPC version over top because I was losing a lot of messages because I have to reset all the time....It is not flawless. I also had problems where the box to type in was too small and I'd have to close out of messaging and reopen it to be able to see what I was typing.

I've tried using the power button, but it doesn't seem to eliminate the problem with losing messages.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

gruvylou is a n00b
Question Re: Threaded SMS Woes

hello all..i am running wm 6.1 and dcd 2.1.0 my problem is that when i receive an sms that is a bit lengthy, but nothing crazy, it gets cut off. then i get a following sms that says the previous message has been modified. is there a way to increase the allowable incoming characters?? any help would be greatly appreciated--thanks
Old 04-23-2008, 07:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

SilentBenton is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruvylou View Post
hello all..i am running wm 6.1 and dcd 2.1.0 my problem is that when i receive an sms that is a bit lengthy, but nothing crazy, it gets cut off. then i get a following sms that says the previous message has been modified. is there a way to increase the allowable incoming characters?? any help would be greatly appreciated--thanks
I've never had that problem, but I'm running DCD 3.0.4 and I'd recommend upgrading. The GPS is way better and the rom is overall more stable.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Lurker
Carrier: T-Mobile/Sprint

live_in_the_sky06 is a n00b

i have been having this same issue on my mogul also. so it may not be linked to any rom... i just think its the program
Old 04-23-2008, 07:54 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

SilentBenton is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by live_in_the_sky06 View Post
i have been having this same issue on my mogul also. so it may not be linked to any rom... i just think its the program
I don't believe it is rom exclusive either, I tried No2Chem's rom to check and had the same problem, but I want a solution...

Am I the only person that has random messages being resent? That was the main reason I switched to the CodyPPC version. At least this way I don't have to have people complaining about that.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've had a few customers come in with Moguls on the Sprint ROM complaining of messages being re-sent. I verified one myself, and it even did it after a hard reset. I swapped her out and she hasn't been back.

Not sure what the hell is causing it, but I don't think it has anything to do with what ROM you have. She didn't have threaded SMS or anything.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:31 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

gruvylou is a n00b

hey silentbenton, i tried a search for dcd 3.0.4 rom and it came up with no results..can you point me in the right direction to get the rom..thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan