PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Alltel

Kashmaar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I think my phone may be posessed...

...and I'm beginning to consider the hammer as an acceptable repair option.

I bought a gently used alltel ppc6800. I had a 6700 I had flashed to alltel before, I know some of the pequliarities of the breed. However in the last week I have had my phone attempting to connect (I'm too cheap to pay for data) and send an empty pics/video message to no recipients. Today it turned my already poor texts into complete gibberish.

I installed a bittorrent client and skype onto the phone, I only ever use the wi-fi for my data. The only reason I didn't have my provider block all data was because I want the ability to send and receive picture messages.

Any ideas?
Old 09-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: I think my phone may be posessed...

Corrupted data!?Incompatable Programs!?
Old 09-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Check the Drafts folders in your Text and E-Mail accounts and delete any old ones.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

use the hammer!
j/k, hard reset, stock rom, nothing installed for a couple days and see if it still does it. one by one, customize to where you want (flash rom, install apps etc) and see when it starts acting funny.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Threadstarter

Kashmaar is a n00b

I did delete all the items in the drafts folders. The other thing it does is repeatedly send the last text I sent to someone over and over, with each person I've recently texted. It has done it to 3 people at a time. I'll try flashing to an Alltel ROM just to get rid of whatever quirks have popped up. It was a standard ROM before I got it, and I've only installed a handful of games, nothing major. Resetting the phone stops it for a little while.

Thanks for the help guys. I was just wondering if this was a known glitch, a virus, or just me being dumb...
Old 09-18-2009, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AllTel HTC Hero

DMWagner is becoming a great contributor

Text and Picture messages don't use data.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

wrong picture messaging uses data
Old 09-19-2009, 05:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
wrong picture messaging uses data
All depending on carrier.....Vzw has text and picture messaging as extra charges (gota love it, the reason I only send e-mails on my phone with pictures)

My phone was posessed too but, I just flashed it again for the 1000th time
Old 09-19-2009, 06:03 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

No it isnt carrier specific. All picture txt are sent over a data connection. I wasnt saying a data plan is required it just uses data.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Tags
alltel titan problem