PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 02:51 AM
Lurker

lawilson2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth Problem in Car with New Rom

Installed the new rom this morning and went on the road. I attached my Mogul to my FM receiver to play my music in my car like I usually do. When a call came thru, my bluetooth headset came up, but when I answered, I could hear the person in my car speaker instead of in my headset as normal! It only would let me hear correctly when I took out the adapter for the FM receiver. I even deleted the bluetooth headset's profile and re-synced it.

Anyone else with this issue? This sucks if it's true.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

cuse94 is a n00b
Re: Bluetooth Problem in Car with New Rom

Just to be clear, you are using an FM transmitter to broadcast the music over the car stereo but you want to answer the phone with your bluetooth headset, am I correct?

Mine has always worked like you are describing, new or old rom. As soon as the phone detects something plugged in (even if I just plug in the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter and don't actually plug in headphones) it assumes I'm using a wired headset (with a mic) and routes the call that way (obviously a pain with no mic). I wanted to do what you are describing but I never got it to work, so I got a Parrot MK6100 (love it by the way).

Sounds like your setup worked with the old set up, interesting.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lawilson2 is a n00b

Yes, you're correct. I never had a problem with my Mogul picking up a call via bluetooth while it was plugged into my fm transmitter (3.5mm to adapter to Mogul). With this new rom, my bluetooth doesn't pick up the sound; it goes thru my speakers now and that's frustrating.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lawilson2 is a n00b

I'd like to bump this because I can't believe no one else has had this issue. I have to disconnect my phone from the transmitter while playing music just to talk on my bluetooth.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:27 AM
Lurker

shadowreader is a n00b

This is a known issue. There are other threads on this here at at xda developers. I have the same issue using a seidio car kit or seidio audio adapter(mini usb to 3.5mm stereo). It has nothing to do with the fm transmitter but the rom update has an issue with where the audio is routed when a bluetooth call is initiated. I went back to DCD's 2.3.2 rom and the issue resolved for me and my gps is still super fast(way faster than before I went to the 3.35 rom and back). I'm content now but wish the official rom didn't have this bug.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dizzywizzy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuse94 View Post
so I got a Parrot MK6100 (love it by the way).
Hi, thinking of getting a Parrot MK6100....

Question..I hook up my ipod through my JVC unit. I have Iguidance on my mogul.

I won't be listening to music from my mogul, but through the stereo. What I'm looking for is to use this for hands free calling, but also, to have the music from stereo stop and navigation instrucitons to come through the car stereo speakers, same as an incoming call.

With the BT paired up, will both the calls and GPS instructions come through the car speakers?

Thanks for any info
Old 03-24-2008, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

cuse94 is a n00b

Incoming calls definitely work this way. The way the Parrot works, when listening to music via the head unit, it mutes the radio and plays the call or the music I am streaming from my Mogul via Bluetooth. I haven't used for navigation, but what makes me think it will definitely work is that when I have WMP shuffle my music, sometimes it takes a minute to randomly select the next song. During this pause sometimes the radio cuts in for a second. So, I would think that it work similiarly for nav, the radio will be heard during the pause in navigation and the Mogul will cut in when directions need to be announced. Make sense? Let me know if you want to discuss more. I have been very happy since getting the Parrot. Sound quality (for music) is great, call quality (on both ends) is also great.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dizzywizzy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuse94 View Post
Incoming calls definitely work this way. The way the Parrot works, when listening to music via the head unit, it mutes the radio and plays the call or the music I am streaming from my Mogul via Bluetooth. I haven't used for navigation, but what makes me think it will definitely work is that when I have WMP shuffle my music, sometimes it takes a minute to randomly select the next song. During this pause sometimes the radio cuts in for a second. So, I would think that it work similiarly for nav, the radio will be heard during the pause in navigation and the Mogul will cut in when directions need to be announced. Make sense? Let me know if you want to discuss more. I have been very happy since getting the Parrot. Sound quality (for music) is great, call quality (on both ends) is also great.
Thanks for the information!!
Old 04-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lawilson2 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowreader View Post
This is a known issue. There are other threads on this here at at xda developers. I have the same issue using a seidio car kit or seidio audio adapter(mini usb to 3.5mm stereo). It has nothing to do with the fm transmitter but the rom update has an issue with where the audio is routed when a bluetooth call is initiated. I went back to DCD's 2.3.2 rom and the issue resolved for me and my gps is still super fast(way faster than before I went to the 3.35 rom and back). I'm content now but wish the official rom didn't have this bug.
Can you help me locate the other threads on this because I can't find them. This is the most annoying issue ever. I have to disconnect my phone from the adapter in my car everytime a call comes in so my bluetooth can pick up the audio. They definitely made a mistake here.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sony XPlod BT Stereo FTW!

Supports high quality A2DP, can initiate connect without touching the phone (WM still doesn't do this to most headsets/receivers. This is one of the few exceptions that can initiate from the stereo), and is the easiest installation since everything is in the head unit.

Only problems- the mic is in the headunit, so you have to sort of yell at the dash board when making calls. Personally, I use it mostly for music and bring a headset when I'm planning an in-depth car call. Otherwise, the built-in BT is good enough for a surprise call.

Best part- the whole thing costs a bit over $100 (for the BT2500 model that I have) and took me about 20min to install myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
Can you help me locate the other threads on this because I can't find them. This is the most annoying issue ever. I have to disconnect my phone from the adapter in my car everytime a call comes in so my bluetooth can pick up the audio. They definitely made a mistake here.
By the way, we should be lucky it ever worked the way you wanted at all... my older GSM Nokia's had great music features, but would only connect to one "external audio" source at a time. So, as you're seeing here, when a headset or audio adapter was plugged in, BT was completly disabled. And when I had a bt headset on, no sound would come out of the adaptor. Sucks, but its a common flaw from manufacturers.

Last edited by dishe; 04-03-2008 at 04:08 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan