PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2008, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hahaha Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
my point was that apple's campaign was huge and that it was leading us to believe that the iphone was this revolutionary device, doing things a phone never did before. I wasn't quoting a commercial word for word. Cause yeah, they never made that exact claim. jeeze people get grumpy easily. I apologize if i offended you. I love my mogul and my ipod
I think probably alot of that was media.'s reaction to it.. and people's perception.

How often in advertisement do you hear the word "revolutionary"? ALL the time...

I'm not really arguing with you. (most of what you said is true)... All I've been saying all along is "why does Apple/iphone seem to get such a reaction out of people?" That's it. It's nothing against anyone in particular. It's just an observation.

Last edited by x10guy; 04-18-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

yeah we even had that on 6700. I really don't like iphone users they think they are better than others cellphone users, I see them in trains and elevators with there smug smile.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousgtz View Post
yeah we even had that on 6700. I really don't like iphone users they think they are better than others cellphone users, I see them in trains and elevators with there smug smile.
that's probably a big reason why there is some animosity towards Apple... the users.

Most of my iphone friends are actually very cool about it. They love it, but they never really have any superior attitude or try to convince me it's better... they also know I'm too cheap to consider the iphone
Old 04-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
that's probably a big reason why there is some animosity towards Apple... the users.

Most of my iphone friends are actually very cool about it. They love it, but they never really have any superior attitude or try to convince me it's better... they also know I'm too cheap to consider the iphone
well true not all iphone users but I would say majority. Pocket pc are just better man its highly versatile you can do ton of stuff, I think if I had Att I Wouldn't waste my money on iphone maybe that kaiser.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond (on Alltel)
Carrier: Alltel

GnatGoSplat is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
The animosity is probably due to:
1. It's expensive, and people think of it as a status symbol. I have seen some iPhone users in discussion about rubber cases say things like, "why would you want to cover it up? Then nobody would know you have an iPhone!"
2. It's trendy, hip, and cool, which is the image Apple likes to associate with their products and it seems to have worked well for them. After all, that's the only reason people buy iPods. There are far superior and cheaper MP3 players out there.

Sometimes people who own things that are expensive, trendy, and in high demand just tend to develop elitist attitudes.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
The animosity is probably due to:
1. It's expensive, and people think of it as a status symbol. I have seen some iPhone users in discussion about rubber cases say things like, "why would you want to cover it up? Then nobody would know you have an iPhone!"
2. It's trendy, hip, and cool, which is the image Apple likes to associate with their products and it seems to have worked well for them. After all, that's the only reason people buy iPods. There are far superior and cheaper MP3 players out there.

Sometimes people who own things that are expensive, trendy, and in high demand just tend to develop elitist attitudes.
yes status symbol, I think its a brand thing "apple" and I don't no about expensive, you can get iPhone for 499 same price as any regular pocket pc's its just mostly the name "apple iphone"
Old 04-18-2008, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond (on Alltel)
Carrier: Alltel

GnatGoSplat is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousgtz View Post
yes status symbol, I think its a brand thing "apple" and I don't no about expensive, you can get iPhone for 499 same price as any regular pocket pc's its just mostly the name "apple iphone"
8GB iPhone is "only" $399, but I thought most WinMo Smartphones and PPC's are <$200 with new activation. I know the Tilt is more expensive, but I've seen promos for some WM6 phones for $100-150.

AT&T did have a promo where they sold refurbed iPhones for $249 though.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:23 PM
VIP Member

I'm not so sure about the status symbol thing either... I think of status symbols as things that differentiate you from the regular common folk... ipods and iphones (to a certain extent) are pretty common and regular.

But they are more expensive for the features you get...

My theory (could be incorrect) is that whenever we here stuff like "this is the best... " either from users or the media, subconsciously we want to "defend" what we own and stick up for it. That's why we may single out Apple, even though it may not be a total truth reflection of the actual product or their advertising for it.

That's why maybe there is so much pent up reaction towards it.... sort of an educated guess.

Last edited by x10guy; 04-18-2008 at 05:34 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan