PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Which Opera is better (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23056)

noreboy 04-02-2008 08:36 AM

Which Opera is better

Which Opera is better to run on the Mugol? Mobile, mini, and what versions. I'm currently running Mobile 9.5, which I'm starting to hate because it has to many bugs, and takes up over 30% program memory alone. When ever I run 9.5 my phone runs on about 90something % memory, making it hard to even navigate through anything.

fredcatsmommy 04-02-2008 09:20 AM

Re: Which Opera is better

check out opera mini 4.1 beta (just google it). it's very nice.

Idntknw 04-02-2008 11:30 AM

Yes...agreed on the Opera mini...

Have been using for awhile now...

TurboFool 04-02-2008 11:43 AM

Right now I'm very happy with the combination of Opera Mobile 9.44 beta (which yes, is very buggy) and Skyfire, which is slow to start and has some technical limitations, but is otherwise very impressive.

Before that, though, I would have said Opera Mini was the way to go simply because there was no Opera Mobile with the same functionality.

jbbosu 04-02-2008 12:27 PM

Man when are SkyFire and Opera releasing OFFICIAL apps! I don't know why, but I refuse to use opera mini!

blue4shizzle 04-02-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbbosu (Post 238364)
Man when are SkyFire and Opera releasing OFFICIAL apps! I don't know why, but I refuse to use opera mini!

foolish soul, you are definitely missing out by not using mini

Twinsen 04-02-2008 12:35 PM

For some reason, Opera Mini has NEVER liked me. I love Opera on the PC, but whenever I try to use it on my Moguls (tried with 3) its always crashing on me. And by crash, I mean I will click on a link, or be typing something, and it will just close without warning or message. And then it constantly gives the annoying, "Java has encountered an error in the script, exit or ignore?" I always ignore, and it still works fine. What gives?

blue4shizzle 04-02-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinsen (Post 238371)
For some reason, Opera Mini has NEVER liked me. I love Opera on the PC, but whenever I try to use it on my Moguls (tried with 3) its always crashing on me. And by crash, I mean I will click on a link, or be typing something, and it will just close without warning or message. And then it constantly gives the annoying, "Java has encountered an error in the script, exit or ignore?" I always ignore, and it still works fine. What gives?

man, its came a long a$$ way since 3, like i said you need to download the newer version with the esmeretec java an you will notice how much you been missing out on

hsanchez 04-02-2008 01:15 PM

mini + esmeretec java = eternal happiness

Draven 04-02-2008 02:11 PM

what is this esmeretec java??