PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Which Opera is better (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23056)

Scoob 04-02-2008 02:13 PM

Re: Which Opera is better

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue4shizzle (Post 238398)
man, its came a long a$$ way since 3, like i said you need to download the newer version with the esmeretec java an you will notice how much you been missing out on

hehe, I'm still using the stock IE- will have to give it try tonight... besides- can't beat free.

jah_rankin 04-02-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoob (Post 238494)
hehe, I'm still using the stock IE- will have to give it try tonight... besides- can't beat free.

I second this.

friguy3 04-02-2008 02:30 PM

Tried both operas and both annoy me. mobile is a big pain with all the bigs. Mini is ok, but seems to be buggy with me...freezing and all. Im waiting to try skyfire, but always seem to go back to IE, stable, works as it needs to.

rbibb04 04-02-2008 04:10 PM

the opera mini 4 always crashed on my Mogul, but surprisingly, never on my friend's Mogul... Opera Mini 3 works great for me though, but you can't download off of it.. Opera Mobile is cool for downloads, but not as a default browser for sprint picture mail. So i just took Opera Mobile off the phone . i like using the PIE for my Picture Mail.. when the new rom was released, i couldn't download my picture mail with PIE, but something has somehow been fixed to where it works as it did before..

if someone would please be so kind as to post a cab for that esmertec java, i'd appreciate it.. i can't find it anywhere, and i'd rather have Opera Mini 4, but 3 doesn't crash on me so it'll do until... bad thing about it is that when i log onto myspace with Opera Mini 3, it looks like it's in German

Scoob 04-02-2008 04:31 PM

I don't know if I downloaded the right Jbed- Cloudyfa's??? I found via google but opera mini always seems to hang a bit with a midlet....

anyone else have a similar problem or a fix or maybe a better version of the Jbed?

Nickles 04-02-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoob (Post 238631)
I don't know if I downloaded the right Jbed- Cloudyfa's??? I found via google but opera mini always seems to hang a bit with a midlet....

anyone else have a similar problem or a fix or maybe a better version of the Jbed?

Scoob - click the sig.. workes like a charm.

blue4shizzle 04-02-2008 05:59 PM

listen people, opera mini doesn't feeze! if it freezes with you then you either have the wrong version, or haven't downloaded the new esmeretec jbed, trust me, i used to have many freezing issues before this and once i followed those steps i'd put mini up there as a top browser, hell i can browse pretty close to speeds of evdo when i'm in 1x with this thing

noreboy 04-02-2008 06:52 PM

Ok so it looks like I should drop the Mobile for the Mini. Which one, 3 or 4? And does Mini take up as much resource as the Mobile?

Hoof 04-02-2008 06:58 PM

I pretty much cant run any other programs if im running opera mobile 9.5 =(

Scoob 04-02-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickles (Post 238718)
Scoob - click the sig.. workes like a charm.

Excellent info- thanks.