PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 03:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

vaxick is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vaxick Send a message via Yahoo to vaxick
Re: nueAudio - audiopara.csv editor

Nice work, this makes the hack even more simple for people to use.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint... wtf is this required?!

willpower101 is just getting started

Makes the external speaker louder but does nothing for the earpeice. phone_earcuple_vol is already at max by system default, but if I'm not mistaken, the guy who worked on audiopara over at pdaphone home found that the max setting wasn't set at the factory at something like 75% of the potential volume. I think he was able to get his earpeice so loud that it was impossible to hear over the distortion. I'll find the thread in a bit and see if I have any clue what I'm talking about, lol.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:40 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by willpower101 View Post
Makes the external speaker louder but does nothing for the earpeice. phone_earcuple_vol is already at max by system default, but if I'm not mistaken, the guy who worked on audiopara over at pdaphone home found that the max setting wasn't set at the factory at something like 75% of the potential volume. I think he was able to get his earpeice so loud that it was impossible to hear over the distortion. I'll find the thread in a bit and see if I have any clue what I'm talking about, lol.
if you can figure out what field he edited, i would appreciate it =)
Old 02-23-2008, 03:49 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

any chance this will be adopted for 2.17? Aside from this and rev.a I have no need for 3.x. I just need a phone that works well as a phone, but the vol issues are very frustrating on a regular basis
Old 02-23-2008, 04:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
if you can figure out what field he edited, i would appreciate it =)
Ya I forget you busy you are, lol. I'll check into it today.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:15 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
any chance this will be adopted for 2.17? Aside from this and rev.a I have no need for 3.x. I just need a phone that works well as a phone, but the vol issues are very frustrating on a regular basis
perhaps, but i have other more pressing issues at hand, plus there are existing volume control hacks, so... don't count on it anytime soon...
Old 02-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor
Wink Re: nueAudio - audiopara.csv editor

Well I just wish I knew what each one of those settings stand for.
Some of them are simple to figure out, but others I have no idea.
If someone can post the explanation that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok, finally got something for you and I took a minute to confirm that it makes a difference. In this thread http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...me-issues.html
msw logo says
Quote:
EDIT4: Note on PHONE_EARCUPLE_VOLx (ear piece) I changed column 10. On PHONE_HANDSFREE_VOLx (speakerphone) I changed column 7. I did this because that's what was varying in the orginal files. Well it turns out multiple columns effect the volume. I think the different columns might be radio output level and speaker amp level. Sometimes they hold one fixed and vary the other. There is a LOT of range in this file/device. Playing with these combinations of numbers might get more clarity at the higher volumes. The combinations are endless. I think fine_with_extended_speaker is a good start but their is potential for even better results.
Just looking at his AudioPara.csv_coarse_ear_extended_speaker.txt (the most popular one) he has column G edited for the speakerphone and J for the earpeice. (among other things) Now, just glancing at yours, it seems that only column H is changing? There's no question that the speakerphone gets louder with this as well, but I can't figure out what H is doing for the ear piece.

What I did was copy just the values in ear_cuple column J from his to yours and it put the speaker volume up so that I couldn't bear to hold it next to my ear in a quiet room! I'll test it in a noisy environment tomorrow, but it seems that this is the key.

If someone has an oscope and some free time you might be able to play around with the columns and find out what they actually do. (actually, now that I think about it, this would be a pain unless you could adjust them in real time.)

This is definitely good! I'm satisfied with the volume now.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

CJ00TA is a n00b

I'm a n00b at this program... tried to change BT volume to max, even installed one from the link here...

No difference in volume with my Jawbone & DCD's 2.1

Hrm... just noticed a 2.3.1 includes new BT drivers....
Old 02-25-2008, 05:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

CJ00TA is a n00b

No difference on 3.2.1

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan