PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800
Carrier: Sprint

Hellion is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Bootloader/Sprint Splash Stuck

Ok, I unlocked the phone using the unlocker, then went to upgrading to a Rom (DCD). Everything was going good, until an error popped up about no connection. So I was like whatever lets do this again. Well the phone is stuck when you boot it up to Sprint logo and thats it. When I put it in bootloader I get SPL-1.20.Olipro screen so that i good right? I can get out of the Bootloader by using the app from ImCokeMan. Any ideas how I can get any ROM or the phone working again? Everything I try, keeps saying have to have an active activesync connection. Well, I can't. I'm thinking this phone is bricked now.........
Old 01-21-2008, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hellion is a n00b
I take that since there are really no replies that this phone is a brick?
Old 01-21-2008, 06:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

drew826 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
I take that since there are really no replies that this phone is a brick?
No, I think that no replies means you'll have to wait longer than 10 mins for an answer. Try searching the forums to kill some time. I've seen posts about people being stuck in bootloaders or not able to boot, and most of them seem to find a way around it. Just give it a bit of time, and I'm sure someone will have some useful information for you.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hellion is a n00b
kool man... I just wanted this post to get back to the "front" to say without just saying bump. I'm looking at another post in the upgrades section that seems to shed some light, but I can't get activesync to connect which is what I need........... oh yea, its been about 24 hours! lol
Old 01-21-2008, 06:37 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
kool man... I just wanted this post to get back to the "front" to say without just saying bump. I'm looking at another post in the upgrades section that seems to shed some light, but I can't get activesync to connect which is what I need........... oh yea, its been about 24 hours! lol
over on xda there are instructions on how to flsash roms using the storage card and not active sync....do a search for it. ill dig up a link if i have time later.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro, TP2, EVO 4G, Evo 3d

Cutta-Boi is becoming a great contributor
Worth a Shot:

Get your phone in bootloader. Then make sure when you plug your phone back up ti the computer make sure it says "usb" at the bottom and not serial. Then flash the sprint rom (I used 2.17)... Try the process again.

I'm not sure if this helps but I know sometimes we have a tendency to panic when things dont go as planned.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800 now, XV6700 in the before time
Carrier: Verizon

ksquake is a n00b
When this happened to my Verizon XV6800 and I was shown how to force it into boot loader mode (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=15987) it did show Serial on the bottom of that tri color screen and this changed to USB when connected to the PC. Active Sync on the PC showed no connection at this time.

I used the ROMUpdateUtility.exe 3.16.4.3 that came with DCD's Kitchen. After acknowledging the first two screens it put up the box saying it was verifying the information on my phone then presented me with the Update option. Continuing from there it gave me the typical From: Image Version and To: Image Version. Hitting Next loaded the .nbh file I had in the directory I started the ROMUpdateUtility from.

You should have only one .nbh file in that directory and I used the stock VZW ROM when I did mine.

After this I have run up several ROMS using the ROMUpdateUtility and on a couple of those occasions I have had a message in Windows saying an unknown USB device was connected.

I have played with this again a few times tonight and found I will get an ERROR[264]: CONNECTION if I have canceled a download and try it again without re-entering bootloader mode.

Hope that helps. If you are still having problems post some details about the loader you are trying to use and such.

Ks.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

drew826 is a n00b
Quote:
oh yea, its been about 24 hours! lol
Haha, whoops. I didn't even notice that. I thought that it had literally only been 10 minutes between your posts, and I didn't see that it had been more like 24hr 10 mins. Sorry! Any luck getting another rom flashed back onto the phone?
Old 01-23-2008, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hellion is a n00b
ok folk, weird thing. I tried all kinds of ROMs using the updater utility and always got errors. tried the Official Sprint update and would always get connection error. So, I was like let me try to unlock it (start from square one again). Well, it froze. So I took battery out got it back in bootloader and for the hell of it tried the Sprint update and guess what it worked. With NO ACTIVESYNC connection. Just the USB in bootloader.
I used this RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_2.17.651.0_RS_TITAN_SPCS_1.47 .01_Ship

Yes, I am back off to get the dcd Rom on it. will update!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hellion is a n00b
Early update, tried updating and back to where i was.... f'n a. i think i might have a bad copy of the dcd so i will re-download and try again. gets stuck @ 4%.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan