PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800
Carrier: sprint

ldemario is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iphone program

How do I get the ipone program downloaded to my mogul?
Old 01-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldemario View Post
How do I get the ipone program downloaded to my mogul?
Uhh...
there is no "iphone program".

There are, however, a whole bunch of different applications that mimic different parts of the iphone's interface.
What are you trying to do?

If you think there's one program that you install and your mogul will magically become an iphone, you're sadly mistaken.
Even if you use and configure all the various imitation programs and plug ins, your phone will still be Windows Mobile with a nice looking "skin" over parts of it.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I still wonder why these questions come up. Since the price drop, the iphone is almost the same price as the Titan. If you want the slick interface and multimedia-centric phone, you should purchase an iphone. It's great at what it does. If you want something that trades off some ease of use for more functionality then you ought to stick with your mogul. As far as backgrounds and icon sets, you can change the background, use one of the third-party today screen plugins for the launcher and s2u2 for the slide to unlock.

As far as slowing your network speed down to EDGE you're on your own
Old 01-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

ldemario is a n00b
My bad. My wording wasn't correct. I just a few different applications that mimic the iphone. I wanted to know how to get the home screen and the touchflo applications.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
If you look around, you can find the HTC TouchFlo .cab that will give you some of that functionality. There are also numerous programs to allow you to change your background to something that looks like an iphone I guess. Other programs allow you to change your icons to look like iphone icons.

In the end, it's pretty futile because you are essentially just putting a skin on something that is not an iphone. If that's what you really want you should probably get an iphone. I would think putting all of these apps and skins and such will just slow down your phone and do a half-assed job of making it behave like another device. Mogul is in many ways a much better (or at least more versatile) device than the iphone. It really depends on your personal needs. I don't know the specific apps because I haven't tried to make my phone act like an iphone, but I just searched for "ppc iphone conversion" and the first link answers your questions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan