PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Im about to switch back to my Treo! heres Why! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14874)

rdzlyz 12-30-2007 06:06 AM

Im about to switch back to my Treo! heres Why!

well im getting tired of the mogul missing calls, i have alot of friends and they call me alot and they are telling me that most of the times they cant get a hold of me and im getting tired of it. I mean the Mogul is great but missing calls makes me want to go back to my treo. What do you guys think?

bunvilla 12-30-2007 06:33 AM

i know im going to regret it but ok ill bite. this is what i think cause u did ask/ i do tech support all day long as my job, so first question; Have u actually sat down and had someone call u and know that they are calling and it is not getting thru. like u and your wife (lets say) r in the living room of your house and your wife on her cell phone would call u and no ringing would occur. Of course u know that their are other things that could count for calls from time to time to not get thru. next of coarse is the question as to have u installed a custom rom or still using a stock rom version. Can u get text messages with out any problems/ lets say i just tried to call u but i go straight to voice mail, so i text u to let u know i just called, have u any trouble getting text? / and finally the thing u seem to not realize in your statement is that u presuppose that everyone else is experiencing the same issue, and that all mogul phones miss callls/ Did it ever occur to u that maybe u might just have a defective phone and that getting a new 1 would not have the same problem.
And now to answer your question, if i kept missing calls and determined it was the phone, Hell Yea, i would get another 1. For me it would be another mogul, but hey u can get whatever u want, thats the beauty of it, but if u were my friend i would say, hurry up and get another phone or something because ive been calling u, its happy hour and drinks r on me .

rdzlyz 12-30-2007 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunvilla (Post 151553)
i know im going to regret it but ok ill bite. this is what i think cause u did ask/ i do tech support all day long as my job, so first question; Have u actually sat down and had someone call u and know that they are calling and it is not getting thru. like u and your wife (lets say) r in the living room of your house and your wife on her cell phone would call u and no ringing would occur. Of course u know that their are other things that could count for calls from time to time to not get thru. next of coarse is the question as to have u installed a custom rom or still using a stock rom version. Can u get text messages with out any problems/ lets say i just tried to call u but i go straight to voice mail, so i text u to let u know i just called, have u any trouble getting text? / and finally the thing u seem to not realize in your statement is that u presuppose that everyone else is experiencing the same issue, and that all mogul phones miss callls/ Did it ever occur to u that maybe u might just have a defective phone and that getting a new 1 would not have the same problem.
And now to answer your question, if i kept missing calls and determined it was the phone, Hell Yea, i would get another 1. For me it would be another mogul, but hey u can get whatever u want, thats the beauty of it, but if u were my friend i would say, hurry up and get another phone or something because ive been calling u, its happy hour and drinks r on me .

lol thats really funny so you think i should get another mogul to fix it and well yess im runnning the DCD 1.67 custom rom and yes i receive texts jus fine.

stroths 12-30-2007 09:47 AM

First thing I would suggest is that you install a stock 2.17 rom (no customized versions) and try to receive a call. If it works fine then its something you've installed manually or through the custom ROM.

Also, do you have an active data session in progress on a 1x connection? If so, that will cause the call to go to voicemail and not ring at all.

Another thing to try is to adjust the slot cycle index. Look in the reg tweaks section as it will make the phone realize its getting a call sooner.

itsall_cooool 12-30-2007 10:11 AM

Missing calls

My phone actually works really well for me but where I plugged my phone in to charge was a weird dead spot.... I moved the charger to another socket and set the phone on a diff table and now I no longer miss calls. Weird stuff.

schettj 12-30-2007 10:12 AM

yep
check
A) * 1x data (will block all calls - go directly to voicemail as I dimly recall from the "vision" days)
B) * setting a ringer that is on the storage card.
C) * too much crap running (no free memory)
D) * slot cycle index, change to 1

The last one is the fix, if all the others are not the problem

Test 1:
Call cell from home phone. Count rings you hear before your cell rings (if at all)
If no ring, Look at mogul... if it says 1X and the arrows are solid, you're screwed. Move to an EVDO area, or try not to use data services. If not (A) move on...

Test 2:
Soft reset cell, try again. Better? Then (C) is likely the issue.

Test 3:
Set ringer to vibe only, try again... Better? Then (B) is likely the issue. Move ringer to internal memory, retest. Better? There you go.

Test 4:
If none of that helped, then you really really should change your SCI to 2 or 1, and then try again. Actually, you should change it no matter what ;)

Best of luck.

rawr 12-30-2007 10:19 AM

i had similar issues until installing the stock 2.17 rom. I'm on my 9th handset since april. It works fine now.

Lsme420 12-30-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 151585)
D) * slot cycle index, change to 1

I had the same problem when I first got my 6800.I would sit on the couch and call my cell from my home phone and the home phone would ring 5 times before my cell rang once.I changed my slot cycle index to 0 and it fix it for me. Now I don't think setting my slot cycle index to 0 uses more battery than it did at the default at least I haven't noticed a big difference and I use my ppc alot.

bimmerman 12-30-2007 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lsme420 (Post 151588)
I had the same problem when I first got my 6800.I would sit on the couch and call my cell from my home phone and the home phone would ring 5 times before my cell rang once.I changed my slot cycle index to 0 and it fix it for me. Now I don't think setting my slot cycle index to 0 uses more battery than it did at the default at least I haven't noticed a big difference and I use my ppc alot.

How do I do this?

stroths 12-30-2007 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimmerman (Post 151590)
How do I do this?

Tip #19 at http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5108