PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Im about to switch back to my Treo! heres Why! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14874)

itsall_cooool 12-31-2007 09:05 PM

SCI to ZERO

I set my SCI to 0 also and after a week I believe my battery life is actually about 20% better, this is after consciously keeping track of when I removed from charger, what usage I had for the day, and even noting when in poor reception areas.

And after repeated testing I'd say my phone rings within 2 seconds of hearing it ring from the caling phone (before it was much longer, usually going to VM after 1-2 rings on my end).

Forget setting '1' go for the gusto and try it yourself, at worst case you can change back easily.

rdzlyz 01-02-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsall_cooool (Post 152385)
I set my SCI to 0 also and after a week I believe my battery life is actually about 20% better, this is after consciously keeping track of when I removed from charger, what usage I had for the day, and even noting when in poor reception areas.

And after repeated testing I'd say my phone rings within 2 seconds of hearing it ring from the caling phone (before it was much longer, usually going to VM after 1-2 rings on my end).

Forget setting '1' go for the gusto and try it yourself, at worst case you can change back easily.

yea seems like putting on SCI 0 helps it a little bit

ViPaDawG 01-02-2008 04:20 PM

could just be a signal thing. I think sprint finally made the tower they were building in my area live, as now I get 2-3 bars of EVDO consistently, and 5-6 of 1X, and all my other dumbphone have vastly improved signal (0-2 to now 4-Max) and although I'm not sure they are displaying EVDO or 1X, I haven't missed any calls/texts since. Although it COULD just be that I got a replacement Mogul, so I'm not entirely sure yet. My SCI is still at 1.

rdzlyz 01-02-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViPaDawG (Post 153242)
could just be a signal thing. I think sprint finally made the tower they were building in my area live, as now I get 2-3 bars of EVDO consistently, and 5-6 of 1X, and all my other dumbphone have vastly improved signal (0-2 to now 4-Max) and although I'm not sure they are displaying EVDO or 1X, I haven't missed any calls/texts since. Although it COULD just be that I got a replacement Mogul, so I'm not entirely sure yet. My SCI is still at 1.

you got it replaced from the sprint repair center?

ViPaDawG 01-02-2008 07:31 PM

no, unfortunately i dont have time during the day to goto a sprint store when it is open. i tried the online replacement, however they were out of inventory, so i emailed ecare, and fortunately they took care of it for me.

rdzlyz 01-03-2008 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViPaDawG (Post 153368)
no, unfortunately i dont have time during the day to goto a sprint store when it is open. i tried the online replacement, however they were out of inventory, so i emailed ecare, and fortunately they took care of it for me.

how did u do it online

ViPaDawG 01-03-2008 05:20 PM

goto find a store at sprint.com, search for a sprint repair center (my zip is 20120) and then under the map it should say something like "want to do it from your home or office, click here"

click that, and then you should be good to go, just make sure you read over all the stuff given.

Mordecai 01-03-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codyppc (Post 151877)
i dont care what anyone says. these ppc all have a pda first, phone second problem.

See now I find that statement really amusing because I keep complaining that the pda phones have the problem of being too phone like. There aren't many pda phones I've seen that can hold a candle to the pocket pc I currently have and it is four years old now. I rarely use my cell phone, but I do need to have it, and I do need to carry one with me most of the time. I just about always carry my pocket pc, and I've wanted to consolidate them for a while, but I hate the fact that I'd have to sacrifice screen size, storage and speed to do so.