PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

photopsia is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
volume in car

new car has aux input. using the y-connector that came with the mogul and an adapter cable to play music from my phone through the car's stereo. volume is terribly low, really unusable. any way around this? i have the audiopara cab installed. car is a toyato prius if that has any meaning.

thanks
Old 11-16-2008, 02:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
Re: volume in car

you are probally going to need the right adapter on the HTC side that has the 3.5mm jack and not the 2.5mm jack as most phones don't follow a certain pattern for their 2.5mm jacks as they come with their own headset. AS for all the 3.5 jacks and cables are concerned they are standard and interchangeable.

It sounds like a connection issue with ethier the 2.5mm adapter that u are upsizing to a 3.5mm jack to us a patch cable one that is male on both ends to plug into your cars aux input.

Make sure it is the phone audio and not the car having a faulty jack try using a portable cd player or mp3 player as the source.

If the volume from one of those is normal Its the adapter/changer that you are using causing the problems, as I have my mogul hooked up to my pioneer. I just hacked up an aux cable and a spare pair of the stock headphones that came with the mogul. I have no audio problems the sound is loud and clear.

The plus side of using a stock pair of headphones is if you make the splice after the mic/volume switch it doubles as hands free alowing you to take calls and not have to unhook anything. I also use the headphone multi jack/ usb adapter that came with it to charge the phone and still be able to listen to music/make calls theu the car.

Here are some alternative adapters to look for.

http://tinyurl.com/6hcra3
This one is just the headphone jack you won't be able to chage phone while using this adapter.

http://tinyurl.com/6kcaxr
This is a 3 in one that has the charge jack along with a 3.5mm jack and a 2.5mm jack.

http://tinyurl.com/67rq72
This is basically what I made for free using the usb splitter and wiring the stock headphones into an aux cable.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
you are probably going to need the right adapter on the HTC side that has the 3.5mm jack and not the 2.5mm jack as most phones don't follow a certain pattern for their 2.5mm jacks as they come with their own headset. .
That is the most likely culprit. The 2.5mm jack has to be designed for a phone or it will not work right.

In my truck, I have a Proclip car adapter that holds the phone, charges the battery & hooks the audio directly to the stereo aux (I have a killer stereo in my truck)

When I was first hooking it up, I tried using a generic 2.5 to 3.5 adapter from Radio Shack & it didn't work well at all. After figuring out all adapters where not the same & getting the right one it works super.

I play music from s2p & audio from my SlingMobile setup through the stereo daily. I get 99% perfect reception from SlingMobile while driving which amazes me (I never expected TV reception to work perfectly while driving down the road).

~John
Old 11-16-2008, 08:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

My Proclip has basically the adapter in the 2nd link that gator provided for you integrated into it.

~John
Old 11-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

photopsia is a n00b

That must be it- bought the Radio Shack adapter. I'll try one of recommended ones from your answers. Thanks for all of your help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan