PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

walla is keeping up the good workwalla is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
psstt, this is a sarcasm thread. Yeah, I tried my best to exaggerate. Anyway, move on people. I have mixed feelings for the mogul. In some aspects, it's better and in other... not so good. It all depends on your choice.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!
Carrier: Sprint

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by walla View Post
psstt, this is a sarcasm thread. Yeah, I tried my best to exaggerate. Anyway, move on people. I have mixed feelings for the mogul. In some aspects, it's better and in other... not so good. It all depends on your choice.
I would have had mixed feelings too if not for me owning a 6700 (since it came out) before this, thus i know not to jump ship immediately "cough" "touch" when there are problems. My god people has anybody had a pda phone that didnt have problems? I consider this phone to be a very decent upgrade from my tired 6700 and all of the things i did not like about the 6700 are fixed on this phone. I like this phone!!! GPS and RevA will seal the deal........
Old 12-04-2007, 08:37 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
I really do...the last rom fixed most of the problems.

and for those that think touch is better... HTC Mogul is sold at higher price compared to Touch. Mogul has wifi, qwerty keyboard, lots of buttons, longer battery life, and by the time you know it... every kid is going to have one because it's sold at such a lower price compared to Mogul.

Oh and it seems like touch users are having some major issues with phone not waking up.

LONG LIVE MOGUL!
Why the need to bash the Touch in order to make you feel good about the phone you have?

I have both a Mogul and Touch - both have good and bad points. Neither are perfect. I miss good BT when I use my Mogul (yes, 2.17 still mediocre), and miss a keyboard when I use my Touch (yes, fingers still not used to soft keyboards).
Old 12-04-2007, 08:40 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
Scratch that. just got crackling static again on BT headset with 2.17 firmware. Looks like I may end up with the Touch as my main phone afterall...
Same here - 2.17 gives me both mediocre BT and roaming lockups -sweet! Better than 2.16, but both are still unacceptable - may have to stick with 2.09 until the Treo 800w comes out.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

sj808 is just getting started
Quote:
I really do...the last rom fixed most of the problems.

and for those that think touch is better... HTC Mogul is sold at higher price compared to Touch. Mogul has wifi, qwerty keyboard, lots of buttons, longer battery life, and by the time you know it... every kid is going to have one because it's sold at such a lower price compared to Mogul.

Oh and it seems like touch users are having some major issues with phone not waking up.

LONG LIVE MOGUL!
nice attempt....

but since I have the Touch and the Mogul (which I put back in the box last night)... let me state: Someone could put the Mogul under my Christmas tree and tell me I'll get $1000 if I activate it and keep it in service for a year... I would shove that box right up their ass. 128mb of RAM, better reception (which means better 3G which also means no need for wifi), and no-need-of-having-patience-and-praying-to-the-HTC-gods-for-a-rom-to-fix-all-my-damn-mogul -problems has me repeatedly saying Touch>Mogul.

That "not receiving phone calls" thing is also a problem I experienced MORE with the mogul. I've had it a few times with the Touch, but thats because I terminated the "phone" app with Wktask.

you want lots of buttons? get a treo.. . If the "Touch" were to have anymore buttons, the name would serve no purpose.

And by the looks of it, I guess another ROM is going to be needed soon for the Mogul huh?

Last edited by sj808; 12-04-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Common guys; they're completly different devices aimed at different audiences.

This is like comparing a cruise ship with a jet fighter...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan