PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 12:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Allsmell

PWeber is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Camera functions questions on Mogul??

1. My wife and I both have the Alltel 6800. Both take "yellowing pics". Anyone else have this issue and a solution?
2. The text for the functions make you turn the phone 90 degrees left to use. If you snap the pics this way they are stored, saved, and sent 90 degrees off. So you say leave the camera upright? All cameras and computer screens have a more "landscape layout", thus working against that media presentation mode when emailed, editing, etc.
3.Some time when I email a pic (and sometimes not) the pic arrives very small (around 7k). This even happens when sending from "My pictures"
4. I do notice if I use the "Upload to My Space" function they arrive and are placed there in a decent size. Also, it you take the pic with the camera orientated sideways so as to read the text they are placed sideways on "My Spaces".

Last edited by PWeber; 11-10-2007 at 08:12 AM.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond, touch pro and vogue
Carrier: sprint

eye.ofthecyclone is keeping up the good workeye.ofthecyclone is keeping up the good work
possible solution for you

there is a registry entry that can be changed to make your saved pictures come out in the same orientation as the camera, you will need to download a registry editor like PHM registry editor is free, thats what i use and then you would need to edit the following

"-orient pictures the correct way in album-
hkey_local_machine/software/htc/camera/image "enableencodeportrait" set to 0

after you set it you will need to do a soft reset and if it doesnt "stick" meaning your phone will revert back to the default value, in that case repeat the process and eventually your pictures will orient themselves accordingly,

this process has been discussed fairly often so hopefully this response is all you need otherwise you might need to search for some pre-existing posts about this subject
Old 11-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
^^^
also, wait about 30 secs for the entry to actually write to the system before you soft reset.

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Old 11-17-2007, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

wiinex is a n00b
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWeber View Post
1. My wife and I both have the Alltel 6800. Both take "yellowing pics". Anyone else have this issue and a solution?
2. The text for the functions make you turn the phone 90 degrees left to use. If you snap the pics this way they are stored, saved, and sent 90 degrees off. So you say leave the camera upright? All cameras and computer screens have a more "landscape layout", thus working against that media presentation mode when emailed, editing, etc.
3.Some time when I email a pic (and sometimes not) the pic arrives very small (around 7k). This even happens when sending from "My pictures"
4. I do notice if I use the "Upload to My Space" function they arrive and are placed there in a decent size. Also, it you take the pic with the camera orientated sideways so as to read the text they are placed sideways on "My Spaces".
1. When you run your camera. There are 7 touch buttons at the bottom of the camera screen. Starting from your right, OFF (for timer), Auto, Flash, Center focus, exposure, my pictures viewing, and camera settings. Go back to where it says AUTO. Start tapping on it until the image that you see on your LCD is less yellowish, you will have to do this on different lighting environment as long as you the image on the LCD is less yellowish.
2. The instruction is already posted in this thread
3. Go to your start, programs, pictures & videos. Tap on Menu at the bottom right, tap options and change the sending default size to original. This will let you send pics via email with its original size.
4. The instruction is already posted in this thread. Same thing to fix it. If you don't know how to edit the registry you will have to a little manual work which it think is not that hard. Sometimes I have pictures that I dont want rotated automatically but the reg edit sort of helps.

Sprint - HTC Mugol -2006 / Present
Sprint - UTStarcom PPC6700 -2006 / 2006
T-mobile - Nokia 3220 -2004 / 2006
T-mobile - Sony Ericsson T300 -2003 / 2004
Cingular - Nokia 8270 -2002 / 2003
Cingular - Nokia 3360 -2000 / 2002

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan