PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2007, 05:23 PM
mckay1745's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
Reputation: 0
mckay1745 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalynOne View Post
I did some investigation for you guys, the dial code ##3282# just brings up the application EPST.exe with a parameter of ##3282 ("\Windows\EPST.exe" ##3282). I've created, and attached, a shortcut file you can copy to your device, and run, as an alternative to accessing it from the dialer.
Thanks Talyn, that did the trick!

I'm running Sampson's latest WM5 rom with radio 1.47, and I'm stuck on the step of setting PAM (phone as modem) as the default dial-up connection. When I go to start - settings - connections - connections - tasks tab - manage existing connections - modem tab, the only thing that is there is CDMA1X with number #777...there is no "Phone as Modem" radio button. When I click on edit for the CDMA1X, the modem choices are 'cellular line' (what it's currently on), 'bluetooth', 'generic irda' and 'hayes compatible on COM1.' Is there a way that I can make the proper settings?

I tried running through all of the remaining steps in this great tutorial anyway, but when I get to the installation of drivers on my XP machine it detects a generic serial connection, but then can't get an IP address.

Anybody know the answer? Thanks for your help! This forum rocks!

Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2007, 05:33 PM
jdb's Avatar
jdb
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1
Reputation: 0
jdb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TalynOne, what a great write up on setting up USB DUN! I was confused on the differences and this is exactly what I was looking for. Cheers to you!
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
TalynOne's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 163
Reputation: 949
TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This might be of use to those trying to input other dial codes:

Code:
Code            Number       Program Run
##DIAG#         3424         "DMRouter.exe" 
##DEBUG#        33284        "FieldTrial.exe" 
#HELP#          4357         "EPST.exe #4357" 
##PRL#          775          "EPST.exe ##775" 
##DATA#         3282         "EPST.exe ##3282" 
##PREV#         7738         "EPST.exe ##7738" 
##AKEY#         2539         "EPST.exe ##2539" 
##VOCODER#      8626337      "EPST.exe ##8626337" 
##RTN#          786          "EPST.exe ##786" 
##pst#          778          "EPST.exe ##778"
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2007, 05:47 PM
TalynOne's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 163
Reputation: 949
TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckay1745 View Post
Thanks Talyn, that did the trick!

I'm running Sampson's latest WM5 rom with radio 1.47, and I'm stuck on the step of setting PAM (phone as modem) as the default dial-up connection. When I go to start - settings - connections - connections - tasks tab - manage existing connections - modem tab, the only thing that is there is CDMA1X with number #777...there is no "Phone as Modem" radio button. When I click on edit for the CDMA1X, the modem choices are 'cellular line' (what it's currently on), 'bluetooth', 'generic irda' and 'hayes compatible on COM1.' Is there a way that I can make the proper settings?

I tried running through all of the remaining steps in this great tutorial anyway, but when I get to the installation of drivers on my XP machine it detects a generic serial connection, but then can't get an IP address.

Anybody know the answer? Thanks for your help! This forum rocks!

I would skip the PAM portion, I think it's more of a tweak than anything. Hmm, there seems to be more more stuff missing on Sampson's WM5 ROM, than the Mogul's WM6 ROM, try importing the attached file into the registry, soft reseting, and see if that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip USBSER_Class.zip (752 Bytes, 245 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by TalynOne; 11-07-2007 at 06:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2007, 04:10 PM
mckay1745's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
Reputation: 0
mckay1745 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalynOne View Post
I would skip the PAM portion, I think it's more of a tweak than anything. Hmm, there seems to be more more stuff missing on Sampson's WM5 ROM, than the Mogul's WM6 ROM, try importing the attached file into the registry, soft reseting, and see if that helps.
Thanks for all your great help Talyn!

Sorry to be a noob, but how do I import this file into the registry? I'm using PHM regedit, and when I click on tools the 'import' option is greyed out. I clicked on the file but it just takes me into PHM, with import greyed out. Is there a specific place in the registry that I have to navigate to in order to import the file? Thanks for everything - you should go into teaching.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Automaton's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 138
Reputation: 100
Automaton is keeping up the good workAutomaton is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm on my Mogul now and can't see a link in the 1st post to DL the zip file. Am I overlooking it, or could you add it so mobile users can see it? Awesome write up by the way!

Also, what does it mean if I get "cannot connect using current connection seting" when I click on the link to DL GetSPC?

Last edited by Automaton; 11-10-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2007, 08:24 PM
supdawg's Avatar
Almost a VIP
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 764
Reputation: 1162
supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
thanks for the help, I finally got it working.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2007, 08:43 PM
TalynOne's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 163
Reputation: 949
TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckay1745 View Post
Thanks for all your great help Talyn!

Sorry to be a noob, but how do I import this file into the registry? I'm using PHM regedit, and when I click on tools the 'import' option is greyed out. I clicked on the file but it just takes me into PHM, with import greyed out. Is there a specific place in the registry that I have to navigate to in order to import the file? Thanks for everything - you should go into teaching.
Thanks, I actually do teach. Sorry for the delayed response, real life got in the way, and I was hoping someone else might help...

To import .reg files I personally use the Registry Editor in the shareware suite Resco Explorer, works quite nicely.

A freeware alternative is to use Total Commander, which features registry import features. A howto on importing a .reg file is HERE.

You could also use the free CeRegEditor, which is a desktop application that can interface with your Windows Mobile registry, you can get it by clicking HERE.

The only one I've actually used though is Resco Registry Editor...

Additional Reading:
http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/men...tryEditors.asp
http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?cat=187

Last edited by TalynOne; 11-10-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2007, 08:46 PM
TalynOne's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 163
Reputation: 949
TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
I'm on my Mogul now and can't see a link in the 1st post to DL the zip file. Am I overlooking it, or could you add it so mobile users can see it? Awesome write up by the way!

Also, what does it mean if I get "cannot connect using current connection seting" when I click on the link to DL GetSPC?
The mobile version of the PPCGeeks forums doesn't display attachments, and the reason you're getting an error while trying to download GetSPC is because the mobile browser you're doesn't support FTP (the GetSPC is hosted on PPCGeek's FTP server). If you don't have access to a desktop browser to download these files, let me know, and I'll upload them somewhere else and provide a link for you.

Edit:
Here's a mirror with the contents of both files in one zip:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z1CZMR44

Last edited by TalynOne; 11-10-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2007, 01:59 AM
Red49er's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 306
Reputation: 100
Red49er is keeping up the good workRed49er is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for the great write-up! Incredibly clear; I'm having some trouble getting the driver setup to complete. The first driver I install (manually) is the HTC USB Modem driver, which goes flawlessly. Then, windows detects a second hardware device and I point it to the HTC Diagnostic interface driver. It then pops up a file needed dialog asking for "qcmdmxp.sys" on HTC USB Driver Disk. Is this second driver needed for this tethering method to work? Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com