PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd View Post
ive attempted to boot my titan using the kaiser's and the hermes' xip with no success. My understanding was that we cannot modify the xip or its contents without manual table editing. what is IDA, and if the xip from the kaiser would suffice, why would any modification of it be necessary?

if you can point me in the direction of where to get started with 'moving memory spaces around' i am willing to put the time in to do the editing by hand. glad to see someone respond with more knowledge than myself about porting from another device.

If you're interested in messing with the XIP section, check in and around XDA-Developers - if you're cooking your own roms, you've probably done this much already. You should know how to hexedit - and probably know some assembly. x86/CISC type assembly should be enough to get you by, but arm assembler knoweldge would be helpful. (note: ARM is 4-byte word aligned, 32 bit! - LITTLE ENDIAN!)

some background - if the DLL is XIP, CE guarantees it will run at a certain load address, so theres no point in putting the base relocation table in the dll when the image is built. When you extract the XIP sections, the files just contain the actual code - the DLL expects to be run from a certain location. You need to recreate this table and such so the DLL gets loaded at the right addresses (or loads stuff from the right addresses!)

Theres a document that describes this somewhere - i think i can find it for you if you're still interested. Oh yeah, IDA pro is a disassembler.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:40 AM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
If you're interested in messing with the XIP section, check in and around XDA-Developers - if you're cooking your own roms, you've probably done this much already. You should know how to hexedit - and probably know some assembly. x86/CISC type assembly should be enough to get you by, but arm assembler knoweldge would be helpful. (note: ARM is 4-byte word aligned, 32 bit! - LITTLE ENDIAN!)

some background - if the DLL is XIP, CE guarantees it will run at a certain load address, so theres no point in putting the base relocation table in the dll when the image is built. When you extract the XIP sections, the files just contain the actual code - the DLL expects to be run from a certain location. You need to recreate this table and such so the DLL gets loaded at the right addresses (or loads stuff from the right addresses!)

Theres a document that describes this somewhere - i think i can find it for you if you're still interested. Oh yeah, IDA pro is a disassembler.
ive gathered most of this on my own but its nice to have someone confirm. i pretty much meet all the requirements except assembler knowledge. i noticed in an older thread where verizonguy mentioned he had taught himself to update the module locations via hex, and it appears he has successfully ported aku 0.7 to the apache - which its my understanding is not as close a match to the kaiser as our titans.

im still interested and im looking for ida pro. if anyone else is working on this, it would be nice to have a few people together on this project. i've seen others "run aku 0.7" on the titan, but it was in 0.2.3 xip, which really doesnt interest me. im far more interested in core os modification than in throwing OEMs at a rom. im pretty well done with my clean rom, and im focusing all my time on the xip now. any reading material you can link me would be helpful, but ive been scouring xda til my eyes hurt lately.

thanks again for the insight
Old 10-27-2007, 01:46 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
ive gathered most of this on my own but its nice to have someone confirm. i pretty much meet all the requirements except assembler knowledge. i noticed in an older thread where verizonguy mentioned he had taught himself to update the module locations via hex, and it appears he has successfully ported aku 0.7 to the apache - which its my understanding is not as close a match to the kaiser as our titans.

im still interested and im looking for ida pro. if anyone else is working on this, it would be nice to have a few people together on this project. i've seen others "run aku 0.7" on the titan, but it was in 0.2.3 xip, which really doesnt interest me. im far more interested in core os modification than in throwing OEMs at a rom. im pretty well done with my clean rom, and im focusing all my time on the xip now. any reading material you can link me would be helpful, but ive been scouring xda til my eyes hurt lately.

thanks again for the insight
Yes, updating the module locations is pretty much.. almost all you'll need to do.

http://www.hpcmonex.net/izemize/docs/reloctutpack.zip

is the link. good luck?...
Old 10-27-2007, 01:48 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Verizonguy didn't port aku 0.7 to the apache he is doing more the "run aku 0.7" thing. The new kitchen from helmi for the apache will have aku 0.7 and proper xip for it. We may see something similar for titan.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:28 AM
dcd
VIP Member

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
Verizonguy didn't port aku 0.7 to the apache he is doing more the "run aku 0.7" thing. The new kitchen from helmi for the apache will have aku 0.7 and proper xip for it. We may see something similar for titan.
thanks eric.

and whats 1.40-olimax?
Old 10-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Quote:
thanks eric.

and whats 1.40-olimax?
Yeah I saw that. I was wondering the same thing. I guess it hasn't been released yet.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Retired Staff

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Well it's actually OliNex, but i couldn't take a better picture. check out this post (and the thread too) for more info on the new unlocker in the works.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...430#post107430
Old 10-27-2007, 11:58 AM
dcd
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
Yes, updating the module locations is pretty much.. almost all you'll need to do.

http://www.hpcmonex.net/izemize/docs/reloctutpack.zip

is the link. good luck?...
well ive been reading all night and i think its time to say that im not qualified for this. im not one to just give up, but jesus christ this is over my head. is anyone else working on xip porting?
Old 10-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Retired Staff

Helmi is a pro at it, and i think i might start looking into it a little deeper here soon too. Personally even if i figure something out and get it to run i'd probably feel better with a a helmi port of the xip for any public release.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:28 PM
dcd
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
Helmi is a pro at it, and i think i might start looking into it a little deeper here soon too. Personally even if i figure something out and get it to run i'd probably feel better with a a helmi port of the xip for any public release.
agreed. ive seen alot of posts from a guy at xda who calls cmonex his partner and says porting xip is his hobby. im considering asking for his help, but cdma seems to get no love at xda...

where has helmi been lately?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan