PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Peezee Foesheezee
Carrier: Sprint

stevenp1200 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"Notification" Gets me introuble

How do you eliminate the "notification" soft key that appears after you receive a text message or email. I've already figured out how to eliminate the automatic "pop up" though start/settings/personal/ Sounds and notifications/Notifications/ Messaging: Text Message, but I can't seem to eliminate the "notification" alert that appears on the left soft key. I don't want that notification sign popping out if my girlfriends there. (She can't figure out how to go into my actual text message, but she can press the hell out of that "notification" alert that appears.) Please help.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Raheinm

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
so why not just have ur phone lock automatically after 20-30 secs. so she cant get in it? and just tell her that the phone locks its self..
Old 10-30-2007, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

4 Door Skyline is just getting started
LMAO u can tell u dont have a girlfriend!!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Lurker

jweihs is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jweihs
get a new girlfriend who doesnt want to snoop in your phone
Old 10-30-2007, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

jhale83 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenp1200 View Post
How do you eliminate the "notification" soft key that appears after you receive a text message or email. I've already figured out how to eliminate the automatic "pop up" though start/settings/personal/ Sounds and notifications/Notifications/ Messaging: Text Message, but I can't seem to eliminate the "notification" alert that appears on the left soft key. I don't want that notification sign popping out if my girlfriends there. (She can't figure out how to go into my actual text message, but she can press the hell out of that "notification" alert that appears.) Please help.
Did you un-check "Display message on screen" under start/settings/personal/ Sounds and notifications/Notifications/ Messaging: Text Message?
Old 10-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweihs View Post
get a new girlfriend who doesnt want to snoop in your phone
LOL, this is solid advice. Or you could stop getting provocative text messages when your gf is around Or devise your own code to use so she is none the wiser!
Old 10-30-2007, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint EVO

donnatn is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to donnatn
Maybe you shouldn't be a playa if you have a "steady" girlfriend!
Old 10-30-2007, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPHONE
Carrier: at&t

tmorris52 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to tmorris52 Send a message via Yahoo to tmorris52
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenp1200 View Post

Man don't feel bad. It's hard having a girlfriend when your doing what you are suppose to do. They tend to get more jealous, protective, ensecure, and plain out crazy. You might want to let whover is texting you not to text you unless you text them. Now if the other person does not know about your girl, simply say it's because you don't get many text messages in your plan. If they still do it then you got to let them go because it's a problem. ANd never think a woman can't find out how to get info through technology. That's a no no. I am not a tech guy but I do know women and technology won't help you with this one. You got to tighten up your game.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

Blaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good work
Why the man wants to turn it off is neither here nor there. Why can't someone answer the question and keep it moving. Yes, he did put himself out there when he offered that tid bit of information but damn, had he left it out, the part about his snoopy girlfriend ya'll would have told him what to do without trying to dis his nosey girlfriend or his poor choice in one! ROTF.... Still ROTF....ROTF and can't get up!

Old 10-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Well I don't know how to get rid of the text message thing, but one suggestion I've made to my friends is in your contacts give your "other girls" guys names so when your girl goes snooping she'll see a guys name and will be less likely to look.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan