PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Lurker

jfish222 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Hi There, First time Kitchen user - no complaints or questions, just a couple of comments re my initial experience to help with future builds. Thanks for putting this together!

- Digit

PS: I'm a loser, haven't actually tried to install the thing yet, prob in a week or two when I can risk hosing my phone. If I find this thing works expect a tip in your jar.
: >)
Not sure where you're located but I'll be buying a couple of pints to warm the blood.

*** Superficial Stuff ***

1)Navigation section -> "Titan Quick GPS", is this the same version provided with the Kaiser?
There is another QuickGPS listed under "Comm". Maybe good to put under same menu as other comm managers and provide info for the this other version of QuickGPS (which I assume is newer)

2) Section marked KaiserCamera may be better placed with other cameras in Imaging section.

3) There are two comm Manager sections - one called Comm Manager, the other called Comm Managers - not a biggy, just wanted to point it out.

***Future Update Suggestion***
Just wanted to suggest that .net 3.5 be added to the kitchen as it is backwards compat (can handle .net 2.0 apps) is faster, and if both are present, by default older apps go to the 2.0 runtime (according to XDA posts I found somewhere, can try to dig up if you'd like). Not the biggest deal as I'll just download and install 3.5 but figured I'd throw that out there.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Lurker

jfish222 is a n00b

Oh one more thing.
Flash 7 has been replaced with Flash Lite 3.1 (well sort of - I'm not sure if Adobe has finalized it yet as I hear it can be flaky in some situations/some winmo builds.)

If you would like to add it to a future kitchen you can find info here, but the mods keep killing the attachment so you may have to follow a few breadcrumbs.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=423860

Thanks again
Old 03-27-2009, 02:01 AM
Lurker

dunlap113 is a n00b

Hey i love build os and build 20931 but the only complaint that i have. is when u go to reply to a text message, the SIP pops up and then pops back down, i haven't had this problem with any of the other builds. I text a lot so this get pretty annoying. just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if there is even a fix for this problem. And if this has already be addressed i am sorry for the repost.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:31 AM
GTZ
Lurker

GTZ is a n00b
Re: WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen

i just tried ppc builsos for the first time. and am running into an issue. i can build and flash windows mobile 6.1 kitchens just fine. however when i try to build 21501 and flash it . the phone hangs just after the radio info and whatnot is displayed and wont boot any further. i tried just a basic rom (nothing added only the bare minimum the program will let me create)

i have an att tilt and am using the KAIS_1.71.09.01 radio. like i said the other kitchens boot just fine, just not 21501. also are there any other 6.5 kitchens for ppc kitchen buildos? in my device list under new project it just gives me the one option
Old 04-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edris View Post
Hi there guys,
1. How do you add my cabs to the list of software?
2. How can I reduce the size of the ROM?

Thanx for help!
1. You don't. Cabs are not used when building roms. You may be able to convert ca .cab to an OEM file, but this is hit or miss.

2. Don't include so much stuff in it.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTZ View Post
i just tried ppc builsos for the first time. and am running into an issue. i can build and flash windows mobile 6.1 kitchens just fine. however when i try to build 21501 and flash it . the phone hangs just after the radio info and whatnot is displayed and wont boot any further. i tried just a basic rom (nothing added only the bare minimum the program will let me create)

i have an att tilt and am using the KAIS_1.71.09.01 radio. like i said the other kitchens boot just fine, just not 21501. also are there any other 6.5 kitchens for ppc kitchen buildos? in my device list under new project it just gives me the one option
There was a problem with GSM builds initially. Pretty sure the update was pushed out already, so update and try again.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Kaiser
Carrier: Tigo TZ

jjblaster3 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jjblaster3

hi, this is the first time im using ppckitchen buildos and happy to say tht i was able to create a rom and flash without any problems. it booted well n everything seemed fine. however after a softreset there was completely no sound. tried to softreset again n it continued tht way. I also tried a hardreset, sound was working agn but after a softreset the problem started all over agn. was jus wondering if this is caused by a program in the OEM so tht i can deselect tht program or if there is a way to resolve this problem. anyone out there tht could help?
Old 04-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblaster3 View Post
hi, this is the first time im using ppckitchen buildos and happy to say tht i was able to create a rom and flash without any problems. it booted well n everything seemed fine. however after a softreset there was completely no sound. tried to softreset again n it continued tht way. I also tried a hardreset, sound was working agn but after a softreset the problem started all over agn. was jus wondering if this is caused by a program in the OEM so tht i can deselect tht program or if there is a way to resolve this problem. anyone out there tht could help?
odds are you built a 21501 rom. Loss of sounds is a know issue, seems to be dialer choice related. We're working on it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Lurker

jfish222 is a n00b

hey gguru

Any word on the sound issue?

I'm still *****footing around on installing a cust Rom, and knowing my luck, if there is an issue, I"ll find it. :P
Old 06-02-2009, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900, HTC Tilt. HTC 3G, Sprint HTC TP2
Carrier: AT&T

leslie50 is just getting started

Hope I am at the right forum! I have used PPC Kitchen OS Build to cook a rom and was successful. Now I am trying it again but can't open it and keep getting this message 'invalad xml data' I have updated and downloaded the program twice but still the same problem. Anyone have a suggestion? thanks, leslie

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser