PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ Imagio, vx6900
Carrier: Verizon

arl16 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Turn Screen Off

Strange - I put it in my breast pocket of my shirt (upside down), and can reach in and push the buttons and/or the screen. It does come on (in locked mode) for a second, but instantly turns back off. Did you go into the settings and tell it to turn off when upside down? Is the phone upside down?
Old 12-04-2009, 12:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio & Samsung Omnia II
Threadstarter

TecFX is a n00b

Yeah, I set that up. Still turns on if I click a button (by mistake). The first time it does shut off, but subsequently may or may not stay on.

I wonder if anyone has a hack that will allow us to set only 1 button or a combination of buttons to turn it on. There has to be something out there. Or, if any of your code geniuses are watching...PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEE!
Old 12-28-2009, 11:33 PM
teh
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

teh is just getting started

The absolute fastest way to lock the Imagio is to tap the bottom right soft key "lock" on the TouchFLO today/home screen. One momentary tap and you're done. On mine, because I like the My Info display to show when locked (to allow a kind person who may find my locked lost phone to return it to me) the "my info" screen stays lit for a few moments, but the keys and screen are disabled, so it's safe to drop into your pocket. The screen then blacks out in a few seconds, even in your pocket, usually when I'm halfway down the front stairs.

Please hit if I've helped you attain enlightenment, grasshopper.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

klin24 is a n00b

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544016

I use xdaShutdown mapped to the media key. hit media key, hit sleep button, done.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio: MyClean 1.8 ROM

m_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh View Post
The absolute fastest way to lock the Imagio is to tap the bottom right soft key "lock" on the TouchFLO today/home screen. One momentary tap and you're done. On mine, because I like the My Info display to show when locked (to allow a kind person who may find my locked lost phone to return it to me) the "my info" screen stays lit for a few moments, but the keys and screen are disabled, so it's safe to drop into your pocket. The screen then blacks out in a few seconds, even in your pocket, usually when I'm halfway down the front stairs.
How do you get your info to show on your lock screen?
Old 01-01-2010, 03:39 AM
teh
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

teh is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_s_ifland View Post
How do you get your info to show on your lock screen?
Settings> All Settings> Personal> Owner Information> Fill out "Identification Screen" with your name, address & email> Options tab> check box "Identification information"
Your phone will then display your name and address when locked, so if someone finds it sitting in the Starbucks or taxicab you just accidentally left it at, you have some chance of an honest person being able to return it. You could also fill out the "notes" tab with something like "please return this phone if found--big reward if you do!" and check the "notes" box instead of the ID Info box on the Options tab.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio and Incredible

untitled is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh View Post
Settings> All Settings> Personal> Owner Information> Fill out "Identification Screen" with your name, address & email> Options tab> check box "Identification information"
Your phone will then display your name and address when locked, so if someone finds it sitting in the Starbucks or taxicab you just accidentally left it at, you have some chance of an honest person being able to return it. You could also fill out the "notes" tab with something like "please return this phone if found--big reward if you do!" and check the "notes" box instead of the ID Info box on the Options tab.
For some reason this made my phone refuse to unlock. Had to do a hard reset. I'm no configuration wiz so I didn't have anything too fancy running, either.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc Trophy WP7, formerly Droid X, htc Imagio

t0adman is keeping up the good workt0adman is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled View Post
For some reason this made my phone refuse to unlock. Had to do a hard reset. I'm no configuration wiz so I didn't have anything too fancy running, either.
I wish I had some more info about this issue but I recall reading a while back that there's a glitch with the personal info screen. Jeeez, where did I see that...and what exactly was the issue. New Year's Eve killed off too many brain cells methinks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Tags
imagio, sleep, vzw