PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
where's settings -> Menus (to customize content of Start menu)?

On my WM6.1 Xv6700, I set up my Start menu in convenient hierarchies of folders with the right shortcuts etc. This was a 2-step process: checking the Menus setting for what items are to be there, and then putting folders w/ shortcuts in them into Windows -> Start -> Programs. But here (WM6.5 Imagio) I'm not seeing the Menus in Settings, and there's a bunch of stuff in my (now confused...) Start menu that I don't see in Windows -> Start -> Programs. Where is this controlled??

Mike
Old 10-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff
Re: where's settings -> Menus (to customize content of Start menu)?

I take it you are using the 6.5 start menu?
try here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68864
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
On my WM6.1 Xv6700, I set up my Start menu in convenient hierarchies of folders with the right shortcuts etc. This was a 2-step process: checking the Menus setting for what items are to be there, and then putting folders w/ shortcuts in them into Windows -> Start -> Programs. But here (WM6.5 Imagio) I'm not seeing the Menus in Settings, and there's a bunch of stuff in my (now confused...) Start menu that I don't see in Windows -> Start -> Programs. Where is this controlled??

Mike
That's because some of them are sorted in sub-folders below Programs, such as Games, etc...
Old 10-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
That's because some of them are sorted in sub-folders below Programs, such as Games, etc...
hmmm, but they show up in the top level of Start in a different organization than the sub-folder view seen in Explorer. In WM6.1 it used to be a Menu items setting. Clearly something other than where I put things below device -> Windows -> Start -> Programs is determining what I see when I hit "Start". What is it? Also, I don't see this hexagon thing people are talking about.

Mike
Old 10-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
hmmm, but they show up in the top level of Start in a different organization than the sub-folder view seen in Explorer. In WM6.1 it used to be a Menu items setting. Clearly something other than where I put things below device -> Windows -> Start -> Programs is determining what I see when I hit "Start". What is it? Also, I don't see this hexagon thing people are talking about.

Mike
That's because the TouchFLO start menu is custom and only shows the shortcuts you add/remove on it via that menu. When you go to All Applications, it reads everything in the Programs folder regardless of subfolder and displays them in order on one list. If you want subfolders, you will have to regedit the ProgramLaunch area in the registry for TouchFlo with Folder paths which will show up on the grid menu when you press the Start Menu. Then if you say click Games it will open a new list with just the items in the games list. The registry key to edit the Start Menu items is:

HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\ProgramLauncher\#\

#= 0-29 (30 icons on Start menu)

Inside the respective # folders are several settings:

DispName = Name shown on Menu
IconPath = Path to icon shown in menu
IsReadOnly = 0 for unlocked, 1 for locked icon
Path = Path to Folder/.lnk/.exe you want to execute

Hope that helps.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
That's because the TouchFLO start menu is custom and only shows the shortcuts you add/remove on it via that menu.
I've got TouchFLO turned off (I think!). So, if I turn it back on, can I use it to rearrange my Start items into hierarchies, and then turn it off again?

Mike
Old 10-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Sorry so you are saying you use the stock WM6.5 Start menu with the staggered icon grid?
Old 10-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yes, I've turned off the MediaFlow Today item, and see the staggered icon grid. Unfortunately I seem to have confused it, by trying to shove other subdirectories and shortcuts into it, and even changing the name of a couple of its existing folders. I hope I didn't mess it up beyond repair... Does WM6.5 really give no way to have control over what's there the way that WM6.1 did? The registry settings someone posted above sound a bit much for me (because I need to move so much stuff, I'd surely do something bad to the registry and lock up the device with all my messing about). The old way of just using Explorer to put whatever you wanted into the Programs folder, plus unchecking things in Settings -> Menus was nice and simple...
Old 10-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15650/812; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

did you read my post?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio