PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   what's the best GPS app? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90014)

mlevin77 10-11-2009 01:50 PM

what's the best GPS app?

I'm on verizon but don't have their Navigator service. I understand from various forums that Google Maps etc. work on the Imagio. Can someone suggest the best software - I'd like something that speaks turn by turn directions and readjusts its commands if I miss the turn etc. Is there anything like that?

Mike

zim2704 10-11-2009 05:38 PM

Re: what's the best GPS app?

Amaze GPS is a good application, gives turn by turn navigation. Uses your data connection so does drain the battery quite a bit and I found the process of entering the address was tedious but the best FREE program for turn by turn navigation.

wmphoto 10-11-2009 06:01 PM

Tom tom....

spiritcrusher33 10-11-2009 07:14 PM

igo8 my personal fav.. ive used them all and igo8 impressed me the most..

ruslan 10-11-2009 08:00 PM

i like iguidance, but i have to use it with franson gps gate cause it has slow refresh without it. Haven't tried it with Imagio yet.

Phil Canyon 10-12-2009 10:27 PM

I have been really happy with Garmin, turn by turn, different travel characters and voices, access to google search and access to contacts. Very convenient. Saved nav points and routes usually spot on navigation.

rolandroland 10-13-2009 08:55 AM

I don't think you can go wrong with TomTom of Garmin, they are the standard. Personally I use TomTom on my phone and have a dedicated GPS from them and love the interface/navigation.

wickedwheels 10-13-2009 08:45 PM

I've been using iGuidance 3.0 and it's very slow. It used to run a little slow on my Samsung i760 when I turn on the voice prompt, but it's ridiculously slow on the Imagio. It's about 2-3 seconds behind where I am and the voice guidance sounds like Stevie from Malcom in the Middle (the kid in the wheelchair with the severe asthma).

Google maps seem fast enough, but I'd like to have something that I don't need a data connection for.

ruslan 10-13-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedwheels (Post 1235772)
I've been using iGuidance 3.0 and it's very slow. It used to run a little slow on my Samsung i760 when I turn on the voice prompt, but it's ridiculously slow on the Imagio. It's about 2-3 seconds behind where I am and the voice guidance sounds like Stevie from Malcom in the Middle (the kid in the wheelchair with the severe asthma).

Google maps seem fast enough, but I'd like to have something that I don't need a data connection for.

Try 2009 version its fine on my end, except it doesn't really support wide screen resolution, but works fine just without extra portion of map on the bottom.

Osteo 10-13-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolandroland (Post 1233863)
I don't think you can go wrong with TomTom of Garmin, they are the standard. Personally I use TomTom on my phone and have a dedicated GPS from them and love the interface/navigation.

You have TT running??? I've used 7.910.9185, 7.915.9196, and 7.9189 with horrendous results; too laggy to use at all and I've turned off all POI's (which has been reported to make it lag) with no benefit. What version do you have running?

I've just installed Nav4All (freeware at www.nav4all.com) with good results but I want my TomTom back!