PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 06:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmjones is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Diamond 2 Pic/Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
I've been with Sprint for 10 years, but will consider changing if they don't come out with a newer keyboard-less WM phone like the D2.

What was your experience with Verizon? (I'm also a bit reluctant to commit to another 2 year with Sprint given the fact that they are still bleeding subscribers)
I was with Verizon for about 7 years. Switched to Sprint last year May. Switched because internet was much cheaper and I the verizon signal was too weak to use my phone at work (working a 12 hour shift). Sprint only worked because they roam on the AT&T network at that location. With 10$/month internet which I use most of the night at work playing music from the various internet stations and pick 3 for all 5 lines(free) there is no way I would switch right now. I currently have the Diamond(most perfect phone I ever had for my needs) and I will buy the Diamond 2(even more perfect with the higher resolution and micro SD) as soon as it comes out for Sprint (if it does). But if it doesn't I will be totally dissappointed and angry but all things being equal I will have to stay with Sprint for now.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:37 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmjones View Post
I was with Verizon for about 7 years. Switched to Sprint last year May.
You might want to recheck their coverage now since it's been a year. Verizons coverage used to suck in my area, I used alltel because they were the best in my region and now after the buyout Verizon has the best coverage in my area lol. Probably wont make any difference if you're in an area that didnt have alltel though. Just a thought.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 08-12-2009, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

neuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Verizon Whitestone (CDMA Diamond 2) Pic/Specs

Here some more info on the Verizon version.

http://www.wmexperts.com/more-verizo...ond-2-diagrams
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmjones is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
You might want to recheck their coverage now since it's been a year. Verizons coverage used to suck in my area, I used alltel because they were the best in my region and now after the buyout Verizon has the best coverage in my area lol. Probably wont make any difference if you're in an area that didnt have alltel though. Just a thought.
Never really had a problem with Verizon coverage (except at work). As a matter of fact I stuck with them all these years because I felt they had the best coverage. I preached this constantly during any conversation about the different carriers. For thirty days I carried around a Sprint phone and a Verizon phone and tested both while traveling (out of state also). I was pleasantly suprised how good Sprint's was (understand that these were locations that I personally normally travel) and how much cheaper I could have "unlimited" internet. At work my coworkers have AT&T, Tmobile, Verizon and Sprint. AT&T and Sprint still remain the only to with reception in the building.

Last edited by nmjones; 08-12-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:20 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah - I travel a lot and rarely have any issues with Sprint coverage. I'm happy with their network, pricing - and even customer service is OK now. Just want them to continue to have leading WinMo keyboard-less phones.

I really like the Asia model - buy the phone you want, then buy a SIM card from the carrier you want.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro2(Wife) HD2(Me)
Carrier: Sprint... Now on to T-Mobile

wmphoto is becoming a great contributor
Re: Verizon Diamond2 (Whitestone) Pic/Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
the Whitestone is the CDMA Version of the Diamond 2. That is why, its called Whitestone, that is why it has a bigger screen and bigger specs.

Whitestone will be released to Sprint has well. but sprint will get this device, no idea on release date at this time though.
God I hope so... I've been seriously considering an IPhone... just because I could use it overseas... then the TP2 was announced... I could use that overseas but... I don't realy want a keyboard. the onscreen keyboard is fine for me... So... I wait

It's WMPhoto for short...
For long it's www.waltmiddletonphoto.com
take a look and enjoy...
Walt
Old 08-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW) -> HTC Touch Pro 2 (VZW)
Carrier: VZW

aaronvlee is keeping up the good workaaronvlee is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuneNinja! View Post
Mwaahh haa ha ha. How the tables have turned <---supposed to look evil.

I SECOND THAT! lol <- VZW TP user :P
Old 08-14-2009, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

neuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Updated pics with Verizon logo. Hopefuly Sprint will be working on theirs soon.

http://www.wmexperts.com/htc-whitest...erizon-stripes

Last edited by neuteboomt; 08-14-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:51 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuteboomt View Post
Updated pics with Verizon logo. Hopefuly Sprint will be working on theirs soon.

http://www.wmexperts.com/htc-whitest...erizon-stripes
Beat ya to it on page 4 :P
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

it just got approved by the fcc:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...-fcc-approval/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio