PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Imagio Pic/Specs - NEW PICS

Yeah I want this so bad too.. The TP2 is a monster of a brick and I don't need that massive keyboard. The Hero is awesome, but doesn't run all my apps like WinMo does. Please please Sprint, release this soon..

I set this up btw in case anyone wants to compare sizes:
http://www.sizeasy.com/page/size_com...zon-HTC-imagio
Old 10-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

video! check it out here
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:56 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

man I'm jealous!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
video! check it out here
That's awesome!

But they mentioned in the video that the imagio uses Flo TV instead of EVDO to get television... and from looking on Verizon's site, coverage is extremely limited. But does this mean that there's yet another radio in the thing?

Not that I'm going to pay for the service anyway, but it makes me wonder if it could be repurposed for anything else...
Old 10-02-2009, 02:42 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack3r View Post
That's awesome!

But they mentioned in the video that the imagio uses Flo TV instead of EVDO to get television... and from looking on Verizon's site, coverage is extremely limited. But does this mean that there's yet another radio in the thing?

Not that I'm going to pay for the service anyway, but it makes me wonder if it could be repurposed for anything else...
What are you talking about it's evdo
it has vzw flo tv that has nothing to do with the radio
Old 10-02-2009, 03:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack3r View Post
That's awesome!

No there's no extra radio! It's using flo's service instead of verizon's Vcast, but it still goes Verizon's EVDO data network.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro2
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work

I think he was more interested in the coverage rather than it running EVDO. it does use mediaFlo tech so yeah its not available everywhere i.e. (Upstate South Carolina) for instance but its still great to have if your in the areas that do have it. The only thing I worry about is this phones kickstand...im sry but I see alot of people breaking this like the broke the old style thin antennas on phones and naturally wasn't covered under warranty for it. Other than that great phone virtually the touch pro 2 without a keyboard and bigger camera...with the inclusion of 6.5 on launch it gives hope to the touch pro 2's receiving there updates much sooner then later(only time will tell though).
Old 10-02-2009, 08:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Eris

pjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Found another video that's a little bit more in depth.

Here
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
What are you talking about it's evdo
it has vzw flo tv that has nothing to do with the radio
From the video:
Quote:
Of course, the big deal about the Imagio compared to all of the other phones that we make is that it's got mediaflo flo tv, which verizon brands as vcast mobile tv. We put a little kickstand on the back, so if you point this out, this actually doubles as an antenna...
When asked if it uses wifi:
Quote:
no no no, this uses the flo network... so that's separate, and we've been having trouble with the signal here"
It's a bit hard to understand because of all of the background noise, but that's what I could understand.

From the Wikipedia article:
Quote:
The MediaFLO system transmits data on a frequency separate from the frequencies used by current cellular networks. In the United States, the MediaFLO system uses frequency spectrum 716-722 MHz, which was previously allocated to UHF TV channel 55.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLO_TV

So hopefully you can understand my confusion here... lol I wish someone would write a full, all-out review... Doesn't matter much to me though because I'm already set on buying the phone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio