PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Contact picture issue...

So i have most of my contacts synced with Facebook and have everyones picture assigned with their Facebook profile picture. The pictures show up fine under contacts or Favorite People tab but do not show up during a call.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Contact picture issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post
So i have most of my contacts synced with Facebook and have everyones picture assigned with their Facebook profile picture. The pictures show up fine under contacts or Favorite People tab but do not show up during a call.
Which ROM are you using? You will definitely get a better answer from the chef of your ROM, but it sounds like either the dialer may be an older version and not compatible with Facebook.
Do you have any contacts with outlook pictures? If so, do they show up?

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
Old 07-13-2010, 09:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
Which ROM are you using? You will definitely get a better answer from the chef of your ROM, but it sounds like either the dialer may be an older version and not compatible with Facebook.
Do you have any contacts with outlook pictures? If so, do they show up?
It is a Drellisdee ROM and I posted the question there as well. And no, I dont use Outlook pictures.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:10 AM

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
It is a Drellisdee ROM and I posted the question there as well. And no, I dont use Outlook pictures.
I bet that it is an older dialer, but I don't know for sure. I don't see a build log in the first post. Are you just getting the HTC default picture or is it just blank?

This pic:

If you can, use a reg explorer (ceRegEdit, total commander or equivalent) and navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\MASD. In there you will have a key named Phone Canvas Enhancement "XX". Copy all the information for that key and that will tell me which dialer you are using.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
I bet that it is an older dialer, but I don't know for sure. I don't see a build log in the first post. Are you just getting the HTC default picture or is it just blank?

This pic:

If you can, use a reg explorer (ceRegEdit, total commander or equivalent) and navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\MASD. In there you will have a key named Phone Canvas Enhancement "XX". Copy all the information for that key and that will tell me which dialer you are using.
It is the HTC default picture, like I had never selected a picture. Also, the Facebook picture shows up everywhere except during a call and when I go to manually add a picture under edit/more for a contact. I can add a picture there and it will show up during a call but everything else is still the Facebook profile picture.

Phone canvas Enhancement = 3_40_35873_0

Do we know what the Picture Enhancment key is for?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
It is the HTC default picture, like I had never selected a picture. Also, the Facebook picture shows up everywhere except during a call and when I go to manually add a picture under edit/more for a contact. I can add a picture there and it will show up during a call but everything else is still the Facebook profile picture.

Phone canvas Enhancement = 3_40_35873_0

Do we know what the Picture Enhancment key is for?
Ok, that is what I thought. That dialer is an old version that does not support Facebook contacts. The reason that you see them in other places is because they are controlled by other packages, not the dialer. I hope this makes sense.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Ok, that is what I thought. That dialer is an old version that does not support Facebook contacts. The reason that you see them in other places is because they are controlled by other packages, not the dialer. I hope this makes sense.
Is there a way to update the dialer without making a new ROM? Maybe a .cab file?
Old 07-13-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Is there a way to update the dialer without making a new ROM? Maybe a .cab file?
Yeah, I can put together a dialer for you, but it will have to wait until later tonight.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yeah, I can put together a dialer for you, but it will have to wait until later tonight.
Dude, thanks a lot. No rush.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Dude, thanks a lot. No rush.
Here you go bud, I can't guarantee that it will work with your ROM, but give it a shot. Worse case, you can uninstall it and have the original dialer.
Let me know how it goes
Attached Files
File Type: cab Dialer.cab (3.37 MB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by jmart518; 07-13-2010 at 11:01 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio