PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Toysrme is keeping up the good workToysrme is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Re: just...tired.

NRGY roms or MCI
always fixed the phone for me. runs way faster & locking up is so infrequent i often go weeks without rebooting.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:55 PM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: just...tired.

I am with ya. The ROMs make things a bit better, but as you said, you can only polish WM so much.

You can get it to a point where its tolerable.

The thing is, the hardware is good, albeit by todays standards, a little light, however, when it was released, it was damn good. The phone served me good for the past 8-10 months, but now, I have grown tired of Windows Mobile, the lack of app development, etc etc.

Will be going the way of the Droid X next week, and will NOT be rooting my phone. I want it to work, and work good. That is my new requirement for my phone.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: from lame-ass imagio, to incredible incredible!
Carrier: forced to verizon from alltel
Threadstarter

bradhtc is a n00b

Hey microsoft....are you retards getting any of this?? Do you care??
Old 07-09-2010, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

heydr is keeping up the good workheydr is keeping up the good work

dude, microsoft couldnt care less about what anyone thinks of windows mobile. they openly said they were abandoning any mobile os that isnt wp7. wp7 is a total redesign so just ride it out till oct.

Last edited by heydr; 07-09-2010 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: verizon

jabson is keeping up the good workjabson is keeping up the good work

So, maybe I have a rare phone. I love my Imagio. It rarely locks up, and I mean only when I tell it to do 15 different things at once. I only have to reset it or soft reset it when I do that. So, I only run 3 or 4 things at once, and close what I don't need. I flashed one of Energy's custom roms, but long ago, when it first came out. Now I am using Throttlelauncher with the WP7 theme. No issues, and its fast. I need to remove some crap, beef up my memory, but thats not the phones fault, thats mine.

As for quality, yea, my end button doesn't click. So I don't use that, especially since I don't have to soft reset all the time. I just tap my S2U2 tab, and boop, done. As for the battery case, again, don't have to take it off to soft reset. I can live without the end button.

And my battery lasts all day, wich beats out my old non-smart Voyager previously owned. And that beats out my old iPaq, which had to be plugged in towards the afternoon. Yes, I play music at my desk, use it for surfing and other things, so not sure why the battery doesn't last long on everyone elses phone.

Like I said, maybe I have a rare working right version of the Imagio, but I have no real issues other than ones I caused. AND I like Windows.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: VZN

the_passenger is just getting started

If you need true activesync/exchange support, guess what? there is nothing better than WM 6.5. If you don't need that, get an Android phone or an iPhone.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydr View Post
dude, microsoft couldnt care less about what anyone thinks of windows mobile. they openly said they were abandoning any mobile os that isnt wp7. wp7 is a total redesign so just ride it out till oct.
That's the problem though.... will it even come out in October??? MS hasn't even truely committed to that. And NOW with the whole Kin debacle, there's a chance Verizon won't even have first dibs at a single WP7 device. Between Verizon fumbling every single hot phone release over the past 6 years, and MS fumbling every single phone release for the past 10 years....I have very little hope.

On top of that, it sounds like WP7 will actually have LESS features than windows mobile current devices have.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

heydr is keeping up the good workheydr is keeping up the good work

it will come out in october, and it does not have less features.

the truth is, windows mobile is a good os, however it is hard to design a mobile os to run on 3285023746 different devices all with hugely different specs. there is no mobile os with the features and capabilities of winmo.

all the rumors saying wp7 has less features, or that it cant copy and paste are just sheer rumors, all the reading i have done (its been alot) has stated nothing other than, more features, more constant hardware.

and the release date is october. the kin was designed by the pink team, wp7 is designed by a team completely serperate from them, they ultimately dont have anything to do with eachother.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Even if it comes out in October (which I seriously doubt and would be willing to bet $10 that it doesn't happen)- it won't be coming to Verizon in October.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
Even if it comes out in October (which I seriously doubt and would be willing to bet $10 that it doesn't happen)- it won't be coming to Verizon in October.
My Verizon contract ends in late Sept.

2 weeks ago I dropped one Verizon line ending in August with no termination fee BTW.

Verizon is not consumer friendly at this point with forced data plans (at high prices) on all feature phones, absurd sms pricing and metering/throttling/caps surely coming with it's 4G rollout (that should be a clusterfudge).
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio