PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™
Carrier: Verizon

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba
Question Alternative To WMWifi Router?

Hello. I cannot use WMWifi Router for some reason, I tried and it required a hard reset. Thank God it was a trial.

I am looking for alternatives that will allow me to turn my Imagio into a Wifi router so I can connect my laptop to it using the built in wireless, just as I would connect to my home network.

Any suggestions? Free is always good but not necessary. NO WAREZ.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible, HTC Imagio, HTC Touch pro, XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Mike304 is keeping up the good workMike304 is keeping up the good work
Re: Alternative To WMWifi Router?

Here you go it's tom XDA Wifi router cab, it's free and has no limitations like WMWifirouter;it's the one I use for my WIFI routing needs .
Old 03-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

Are you using this on an HTC Imagio? Would you happen to have the original thread over at XDA? I did hit the thanks button BTW and do appreciate the reply.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0himba View Post
Are you using this on an HTC Imagio? Would you happen to have the original thread over at XDA? I did hit the thanks button BTW and do appreciate the reply.
I am also using this. And I am using the Imagio. Here's the link to the original thread...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=538874

It is 62 pages long- but you certainly can do some reading. It is pretty simple and straight forward. After you download and install the shortcut gets placed in your Settings\Connections folder and it is named "Wifi Internet Sharing". Some people report problems connecting. I never had any.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Working like a charm folks! Thank you VERY much. This will be much easier in the minivan when the kids are using the laptop in the back and I can plug my phone in up front.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible, HTC Imagio, HTC Touch pro, XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Mike304 is keeping up the good workMike304 is keeping up the good work
Smile Re: Alternative To WMWifi Router?

Glad I could help!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio

mlevin77 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
After you download and install the shortcut gets placed in your Settings\Connections folder and it is named "Wifi Internet Sharing".
I've downloaded and installed, but I don't see this in the Connections folder - I see the same 6 things that were there before. What might I be doing wrong?

thanks,

Mike
Old 03-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I actually had to go into the Windows folder on my Imagio and crate a shortcut in the start menu. Use Resco Explorer or Total Commander, browse to your Windows folder, find "CMInternetsharing.exe" and use your program of choice to create a shortcut to it in your start menu.

You can also change the Network name and Password if needed.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Mike- here's an alternative. Use Total Commander. Open your "Windows" folder. Look for "CMInternetSHaring.exe". Highlight it. Press "File" (at the bottom of the screen). Press ">>>>>" from your menu. Press "Create shortcut". Press "Tree". Select a location for your shortcut.

You are good to go.

***EDIT*** someone beat me to it.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
Mike- here's an alternative. Use Total Commander. Open your "Windows" folder. Look for "CMInternetSHaring.exe". Highlight it. Press "File" (at the bottom of the screen). Press ">>>>>" from your menu. Press "Create shortcut". Press "Tree". Select a location for your shortcut.

You are good to go.

***EDIT*** someone beat me to it.
Yeah, but your explanation was better I hate telling people how to do things, they often get upset and send me messages. They assume I think they are stupid or something.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio