PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

View Poll Results: Interest in Android OS on the Imagio
Really want to try Android on the Imagio 243 92.05%
Love Windows Mobile and don't care anything about Android 21 7.95%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc Trophy WP7, formerly Droid X, htc Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

t0adman is keeping up the good workt0adman is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android on HTC Imagio (Whitestone) using Blackstone info

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartbusiness2003 View Post
Well.....I got the Droid X as a Bday present from my lovely girlfriend last Friday and WOW!!!! I knew that I was probably missing out on the Android goodness, but seriously WOW!!!
Yep, I hear you. My wife has one. It makes the Imagio, and more so the WinMo OS, look like a Fischer Price toy.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

JRWilliams308 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to JRWilliams308 Send a message via Yahoo to JRWilliams308

+1

Anything to keep life on the Imagio interesting. Cause WinMo ain't doing it these days and I refuse to move to the Iphone... although the cooked ROMs are sweet! (Thanks all you chef out there), over 10 years of being dedicated to WinMo as made a bit tired of the OS. I love this hardware more any other I've had all these years, I'd just love to see how Android performs on it.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: alltel

dirtysan is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dirtysan Send a message via Yahoo to dirtysan

i would donate to keep the android on the whitestone project in motion.... think aboot it eh
Old 08-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWilliams308 View Post
+1

Anything to keep life on the Imagio interesting. Cause WinMo ain't doing it these days and I refuse to move to the Iphone... although the cooked ROMs are sweet! (Thanks all you chef out there), over 10 years of being dedicated to WinMo as made a bit tired of the OS. I love this hardware more any other I've had all these years, I'd just love to see how Android performs on it.
You really don't have a strong enough processor or enough memory to run android correctly on the Imagio.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 08-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Page Plus

bawaji is keeping up the good workbawaji is keeping up the good work

Isn't the processor and memory same on the HTC Eris which runs Android? May not work out too well for Android 2.2 and later, I guess. I wish the Imagio had a little more RAM (or is it ROM?) so Sense 2.5 with Cookie Home Tabs would run smoothly and fast!

I just need a fast and full-featured phone which runs on Verizon CDMA as well as globally on GSM! And be as fast as or faster than the new Android phones like Droid X, Incredible, etc.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:26 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

smartbusiness2003 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adman View Post
Yep, I hear you. My wife has one. It makes the Imagio, and more so the WinMo OS, look like a Fischer Price toy.

LOL!!! I know, Right! It really is sad. I hate it for the guys on here that are still stuck with the Imagio (or better stated WinMo OS). The Imagio would be great with the Android OS. I truly believe this because I helped a buddy tweak his Droid Eris and the Imagio has a tiny bit better hardware specs. Hang in there guys! Great things come to those who wait! The new phones coming out in Nov, Dec, and Jan will make the Droid X seem trivial (assuming the rumors are true about 2ghz processors, 1Gb of Ram, 720p resolution screen, 4G/LTE capable, and etc...)
Old 08-26-2010, 06:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PalmPre Plus, HTC Vogue, Samsung i760, iPaq 2415

HIYinOR is a n00b

Rhodium vs. Blackstone The Rhodium seems like the device to use as a start for the Imagio... It has the same hardware (minus the keyboard) It was released at the same time. It is a CDMA and GSM global phone built for Verizon just like the Imagio. The Rhodium already has working Android builds. IMHO the key is that it is a CDMA phone with the same internals. I am new to this dream/debate but I have Android (Froyo) running on my HTC Vogue... a much older phone with less memory a slower processor and only a QVGA screen. I want this phone and I want it with Android.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Subscribed...wife loves the Anrdoid on my HD2, she wants it on her Imagio now! Would like to see this happen as well. I offered her my TP2 and she almost threw it at me! Yapping about it being so bulky... Oh well.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio 6975
Carrier: movilnet

tadagsuke is a n00b

good morning, as I share the same concerns or questions that other friends who have a HTC Imagio, I saw the need to write in this way the creators of the rooms to please and windows mobile has become tiresome and unbearable, I ask you please help develop the android for htc room Imagio friends want to enjoy this OS on our team, I am willing to help with whatever they need, they reiotero thank you for your good dispocision but please ask them to develop the room and anything on this go public
Old 09-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio 6975
Carrier: movilnet

tadagsuke is a n00b

good morning, as I share the same concerns or questions that other friends who have a HTC Imagio, I saw the need to write in this way the creators of the rooms to please and windows mobile has become tiresome and unbearable, I ask you please help develop the android for htc room Imagio friends want to enjoy this OS on our team, I am willing to help with whatever they need, they reiotero thank you for your good dispocision but please ask them to develop the room and anything on this go public
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Tags
anroid on imagio