PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 09:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Reader Tab as a stand alone cab - FIXED - thanks to Jmart518

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
i believe this .cab locked up my phone and caused some general weirdness such as unintended dialing and programs opening on their own.

not sure as i did not test but after uninstalling the problems went away.
It worked fine on mine, I switched back to 2.5 for now so I don't know what could have caused that.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441

Thanks Keith, This version worked fine for me on Verizon's WinMo 6.5 with Sense 2.1. After intalling and playing with it for a while, I pretty much decided to uninstall for the following reasons:

-It pretty basic. Doesn't appear to allow for any adjustments with regards to the display, font, background, line and margin spacing, etc. (basics for mose e-readers).

-It's a huge storage memory hog. It will not allow you to install the program to a storage card, even if selected during the install process. I was able to move the included books to a storage card, delete from main memory and re-index. What remained of the program however sucked up a full 4% of mt TP2's 252.4MB of Storage memory (again, AFTER moving books to the SD card and deleting from main memory). So for some reason, this simplistic reader sucks up close to 10MB of space, NOT INCLUDING BOOKS!?! CRAZY!.

Now, if someone has found a way to trim it down to a reasonable size, I might be interested. But 10MB just to match the Sense skin just won't do.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HD2 Leo
Carrier: AT&T

HkDng is a n00b

Really nice to see it's a standalone cab file for this.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HD2 (Leo)
Carrier: o2 (Telefonica)

dameon12 is a n00b

i installed this on my HTC Leo and it was the only release that worked with my stock rom by telefonica (o2).

BUT i noticed two issues:

1) The notification screen just disappeared (the one that comes up when you hit the upper taskbar)

AND
2) The calendar tab gets problems with adding or editing appointments. You just cant scroll the time wheels anymore or better you dont see the scrolling but if you apply the alarm time it is changed - but without seeing it in the process of editing it is pretty useless

Any solutions for these probs?
Old 03-16-2010, 08:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Threadstarter

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameon12 View Post
i installed this on my HTC Leo and it was the only release that worked with my stock rom by telefonica (o2).

BUT i noticed two issues:

1) The notification screen just disappeared (the one that comes up when you hit the upper taskbar)

AND
2) The calendar tab gets problems with adding or editing appointments. You just cant scroll the time wheels anymore or better you dont see the scrolling but if you apply the alarm time it is changed - but without seeing it in the process of editing it is pretty useless

Any solutions for these probs?
Not that I am aware of, jmart made this to work on the imagio. sorry it is probably because it has some older dll's or drivers than you already have on your device and they are getting overwritten.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HD2 (Leo)
Carrier: o2 (Telefonica)

dameon12 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdupont View Post
Not that I am aware of, jmart made this to work on the imagio. sorry it is probably because it has some older dll's or drivers than you already have on your device and they are getting overwritten.
Thx for your quick answer keithdupont,

I uninstalled the e-reader and yeah when it is off the device i get the notification bar back and can add/edit appointments.
Hmm...so you must be right.

Now for me it would be interesing how to find out which files (dlls) could be responsible for the interruption of my system.
Im not that brilliant in developing software but i will try to extract the cab file and have a look in the setup.xml - maybe i see duplicated files that already exist in the windows folder. Do you think i might have a chance with that method?
Thx again

Best regards
Old 03-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: Vodafone

xavierdemon is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameon12 View Post
Thx for your quick answer keithdupont,

I uninstalled the e-reader and yeah when it is off the device i get the notification bar back and can add/edit appointments.
Hmm...so you must be right.

Now for me it would be interesing how to find out which files (dlls) could be responsible for the interruption of my system.
Im not that brilliant in developing software but i will try to extract the cab file and have a look in the setup.xml - maybe i see duplicated files that already exist in the windows folder. Do you think i might have a chance with that method?
Thx again

Best regards
You might do, I did a have a look a few days ago and there are a few files, which my LEO already has. So maybe alterating the CAB to prevent them from installing is what's required.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: O2

impreZzA is a n00b

And did u have any success?

got the same problem

Everything is working like a charm, expect the notification bar thing
Old 05-13-2010, 05:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch2 T3333
Carrier: Nepal Telecom

mashavn is a n00b
Talking Re: Reader Tab as a stand alone cab - FIXED - thanks to Jmart518

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdupont View Post
Jmart got it working.......Everybody hit jmart up with a thanks for this. Post #2

Credit goes to indagroove and jmart518

From Jmart518: Hey guys, I have updated the cab to include the eReader Indexer.

You can get it here: eReader Stand alone w/ Indexer

Go here for a bunch of free books:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=635947

Check this out guys, I am running 2.5 right now so I can't really test it, has anybody tried to see if it works with our devices. It says wvga, and TF3D does not even need to be on. It runs as an application. Thought some of you guys on stock rom without 2.5 might like it. Obvoiusly I take no credit for this.

Hi, everyone!

Well, after many hours of trying and failing, i finally got this Reader working, both my boyfriend's HTC TP2, and on my HTC Touch2.
On TP2 the it works beautifully! So thank you all very much for useful info and cab's.
BUT on my Touch2, i can only see a quarter (top left side) of the book list/selected book.
Now, is there any way i can fix this issue, and get it running properly in QVGA mode? I really want to start reading already!
Please HELP!

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Hd Mini
Carrier: Tim

fra18061988 is a n00b

Can someone reload HTC_eReader_Reader_1_0_2011392 link? Now is not working on 4shared.
Thanks!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio