PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Imagio users AGES (Take Note)

I'm also 39 and have been using PDAs for some time. Like one other said I think it was Jornada 720 that stated it all for me with a Windows CE Environment. This is my 6th "Smart Phone" and love it. And your right about the jerking around!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

BRosenow is just getting started

I am about to be 50 and have used more Windows handheld devices than I can count. I started with a Casio Cassiopeia A20 in 1998 and have owned SEVERAL HP iPAQs (both PDAs and Windows Phones) as well as many HTC and a couple of Samsung PDA Phones. I have to agree with the concensus here - this is the best PDA phone I have ever owned. I have used Palms, Androids and iPhones and none can compare with this device. It is not perfect, but comes closer to that standard than any other.

Now . . . when we can load our own ROMS we will show everybody how a PDA phone is SUPPOSED to work!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: vz

Patience1 is a n00b

By some of the questions I've asked it must be obvious that this is my first wm device. I've been a computer user since ms dos but never had the time to get into the nuts and bolts (registry) part of them. I know I'm still very wet behind the ears but I'm learning thanks to the guys and gals ho have the time and patience to help out us old guys. Please dont let the critics of this site slow you folks down because your helping out a lot of people and from 99.9% of the comments we thank you. BY the way the DOB is Oct. 1949.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 1

Ride33 is just getting started

I am 35 and this is my first Windows Mobile device. I got it the first of December. Happened to stumble upon this site and learned that i could add some color to the slider and thought it was pretty cool! I had no idea what a cab was or zip of anything (still dont) i have figured out how to get them on the phone. that is as far as i have taken it. How does everybody try some of this stuff knowing that it could mess up the whole phone? I would like to thank everyone for the help that they have given me, with out it i would still have a phone with no color and nothing else on it.

Side note: I am not sure what kind of vibe i get from Tony K. I have not seen anyone bash anyone on here. Also i think most folks on here just enjoy messing with there phone. Does not have anything to do with being productive.

Last edited by Ride33; 01-25-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

@patience1...Thanks for your post. At 58 I thought I was probably the oldest. You've de-throned me.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
My age is 51 yrs old.
I have been using the PDA device for many years, way before there were PDA phones. By the ignorance of some of these post in this forum, I have probably been using them longer than some of you are old. Age really don't matter, but sense does. The PDA/ Smartphone is fantastic tool, way more than just to talk or text. You can even convert the Windows device to run Palm programs, ON THE SAME PHONE. Of all the PDA/Phone forums I've been on this has got to be one of the most unproductive forums (Imagio) which i have, I've been on, with the exceptions of the Staff and a few that actually try to help there fellow users, and you know who they are by there #POSTS & REPUTATIONS. You don't see them bashing, jerking fellow users off as some of you do. Until the unlocker comes out and it will, there's not a lot to do with the Imagio, tweak it here and there, and that's great, but all will be redone with the unlocker and new roms. Back in the day Mods would have closed this Imagio site down. Have fun with it, there are many programs, tweaks that can be added to the Imagio they don't have to be designed just for the Imagio. Just look for Windows Mobile Apps/programs give them a try most are free. When the unlocker and new Roms come out its a whole new game. This was not intended to bash, hurt anyone's feelings, JUST STRAIGHT UP.

Your post was a good read. And I must say you're dead on, not only about the fact that the mods would have locked the thread if this was a year ago, but also about the maturity level of the forums. Keeping forums like the Imagio's open promotes a robust community, and people don't need to have custom rom's to have issues with the phone and need help using it. Also, now that PPCGeeks has a store, I would suppose that a forum that is as active as possible generates more members and therefore more money.

I fully agree with you about the maturity level of a lot of the people here. I am 23 years old. I first got a cell phone at 15 and have been using smartphones since the I got the HTC Apache the day it came out for Sprint. I work professionally with computers; I am a graphic designer by trade and also work and currently major in video production & photography. I use every single feature available on every phone I get. But it seems like just over 50% of the people who post here do NOT...in fact it seems like they don't even come close. I can't tell you how frustrating it is when I see people giving their opinion as fact and then ranting and raving about it for page after page of meaningless posts, with maybe a few in there between other people with useful information. This is caused by immature people who want to "move against the crowd"...now we here at PPCGeeks already tend to move against the crowd a bit (...a bit...) by doing things that make us better than other people with similar technology. We put in the extra effort to perfect the technology that is available for the hardware we invest in. Unfortunately some people once they are here, get lost in the whole idea of doing things differently and often pass on opinion as fact (these are mostly weed smoking fornicators who live in their parents basement ****ing around with phones while they're not working at the local supermarket).

Anyway I'm slowly realizing that by writing about people I don't like I'm giving them more attention than they deserve but in closing...the beauty of this forum is that you don't have to read what you don't want, however the bad thing is that because @ssholes know you don't HAVE to read what you don't want...they choose to flood the forums with their bullshit so you do have to read it to find useful information.

The Imagio is kind of a Random phone in my opinion. It came out after the hype of the Diamond and Touch Pro died down and clearly it lacks the same user base. I would be very surprised if the Imagio has a strong development community once the unlocker comes out. I'm not saying that anybody made a mistake in buying the Imagio because it's a great phone, but if I were on Verizon I would be craving the Nexus once it came out. A Nexus One on Verizon would be pretty nice, but I'm waiting for the HD2 to Switch to T-Mobile from Sprint.

Last edited by JQuill; 01-25-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:45 PM
VIP Member

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I am 38 and I find this to be the most unproductive thread at ppcgeeks. It takes some boring threads for something to spark something in someone to decide to make something or make something better. I have seen it happen so many times, a noob will open a new thread to ask a question and get flamed several times but then someone will respond with something constructive. The bottom line in my opinion is that noobs have great ideas like kids do, because they have the ability to think outside the box. They (noobs) ask why can't I have manila contacts even though I am not running manila. We all say Duh! BUT....Somebody will probably make this happen before long. Once you have done this headache making shit for a while you lose the creative concept (at least I do) because the nuts and bolts of it will drive you insane. I think I need to go take a nap now!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Incredible

yatman60 is becoming a great contributor

I'm 42 years old, got my 1st cell phone in 2001 when I got into a business that required me to have one and it was a basic phone. I bought a car shortly thereafter thinking "Why spend the extra for the integrated BlueTooth because my phone doesn't even have it". Shortly thereafter my phone broke and I got the Razr, which we all know has bluetooth". DOH. Fast forward to now - I HATE AT&T, and though the iPhone is a nice phone with a lot of apps, a phone is only as good as its ability to function as a phone. Despite all the fance apps, the iPhone is one of the worst phones around and AT&T has some of the worst reception quality around. So enter Verizon and the Windows Mobile era. Granted Verizon didn't have the Droid when I got my Imagio (which MIGHT have been a factor), I got tired of my simplistic phone and decided to get the Imagio.

So what does any of that have to do with the price of Tea somewhere?? The point is that Microsoft is going to be releasing WinMo 6.5.3/6.6 soon enough, the hacks provided herein this forum are focused on the Imagio because there are apparently several variations of TouchFlo 3D and some hacks that work on the TP2 don't work on the Imagio, and I for one am glad to see people displaying creativity and showing some enthusiasm to make a very good phone even better. With any luck those folks at HTC (or whatever phone brand you're using) are paying attention and the newer models of the phones will have remnants of someone's hard work here. Not to mention it's fun to hack the phone and see what it can do and can't.

So I fail to recognize two things here: 1) what does everyone's age have to do with anything at all. I've seen 2 years olds with more common sense and creativity that a lot of 30/40 year olds, and 2) why does TonyK care that people are hacking the Imagio and playing around? Nothing illegal is taking place, people are having fun, and noone's getting hurt.

To quote Keith (who's probably sick of hearing from me the last few days - Thanks again for all the help bud) - I find this to be THE MOST unproductive thread at ppcgeeks.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:23 PM
VIP Member

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatman60 View Post
I'm 42 years old, got my 1st cell phone in 2001 when I got into a business that required me to have one and it was a basic phone. I bought a car shortly thereafter thinking "Why spend the extra for the integrated BlueTooth because my phone doesn't even have it". Shortly thereafter my phone broke and I got the Razr, which we all know has bluetooth". DOH. Fast forward to now - I HATE AT&T, and though the iPhone is a nice phone with a lot of apps, a phone is only as good as its ability to function as a phone. Despite all the fance apps, the iPhone is one of the worst phones around and AT&T has some of the worst reception quality around. So enter Verizon and the Windows Mobile era. Granted Verizon didn't have the Droid when I got my Imagio (which MIGHT have been a factor), I got tired of my simplistic phone and decided to get the Imagio.

So what does any of that have to do with the price of Tea somewhere?? The point is that Microsoft is going to be releasing WinMo 6.5.3/6.6 soon enough, the hacks provided herein this forum are focused on the Imagio because there are apparently several variations of TouchFlo 3D and some hacks that work on the TP2 don't work on the Imagio, and I for one am glad to see people displaying creativity and showing some enthusiasm to make a very good phone even better. With any luck those folks at HTC (or whatever phone brand you're using) are paying attention and the newer models of the phones will have remnants of someone's hard work here. Not to mention it's fun to hack the phone and see what it can do and can't.

So I fail to recognize two things here: 1) what does everyone's age have to do with anything at all. I've seen 2 years olds with more common sense and creativity that a lot of 30/40 year olds, and 2) why does TonyK care that people are hacking the Imagio and playing around? Nothing illegal is taking place, people are having fun, and noone's getting hurt.

To quote Keith (who's probably sick of hearing from me the last few days - Thanks again for all the help bud) - I find this to be THE MOST unproductive thread at ppcgeeks.
My son has the Droid Eris, you aren't missing anything.....
Old 01-25-2010, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 1

Ride33 is just getting started

Just figured out that when you say this is the most unproductive thread that this one is the unproductive one. That is the truth!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio