PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 01:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imiago
Carrier: Verizion

bulldawg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Which data plan to choose with Verizon?

yo...nate...got with # 2
Old 12-22-2009, 02:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Sellador is a n00b

I'm a little confused. I'm a former Alltel customer just getting ready (maybe) to move to a Verizon plan. What I see on the web site are 'Connect' plans that seem to include voice and data. For my wife's and my phones, it looks cheaper to buy a 2-line family connect plan than to buy a voice plan and add $30/mo each for data. Am I misreading something? Are you guys saying that I'd have to pay the extra $30/mo on top of a Connect plan too or is that just if you're adding it to a regular voice plan?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Connect plans are only for dumb phones and not smart phones. You must have the email/data plan for smartphones

Last edited by drewcam888; 12-22-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ Imagio, vx6900

arl16 is becoming a great contributor

Rather than wmwifirouter for $29.99, try adding AssassinsLament to your Comm Manager for free!

Works great - I had also previously bought PDANet, which worked well, but this works as fast, if not faster, is free, and no cords. What's not to like?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=543380
Old 12-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Or just install the wifi sharing. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4170499
Old 12-22-2009, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nathanofseattle is a n00b

If I unlock this Imagio phone, will I be able to activate with Verizon without having to purchase the data plan? Or is that wishful thinking?
Old 12-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Nope no way you can do that. Unlocked or not, they know if your ESN is riding their network.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon xv6800
Carrier: verizon

moonie52 is a n00b

Actually if you only have a DATA plan and no phone plan....like myself, then you have to have the option #1.

If you have a phone plan, then you can add a DATA plan (#2).

You have to have a DATA plan on a smartphone, but you don't need a PHONE plan.....go figure

Since I have a seperate phone on my corporate account, I don't need a voice plan.. I like to use my smartphone for GPS and email while being able to talk on my other line.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Mr. Chevy

Also you can you onedialer or other free solutions and make google voice calls over the data connection and then you have two phones with voice calling.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

christjosh is becoming a great contributor

See now I'm confused. I have an Imagio on Verizon and I have an Exchange email account set up for my corporate email. When I set up my data plan with Verizon, they told me that I had to get the $45 option to support the Exchange account and that it would not work with the $29 plan. Is this true?

Does anyone have the $29 account with an Exchange account setup?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio